Thinking of ATV

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by farmerkev, Feb 14, 2008.

1. farmerkev

farmerkev Senior Member

I am 16 and am thinking of getting a used ATV to plow a few drives for next winter, and also for taking down to the farm.xysport I Would also need a truck to haul it, I would rather plow with the truck but theres the whole inurance thing. But the truck is a different issue. I was wondering how much I could get a used ATV with plow for. I could easily get by with a manual plow, but would want a positionable one. I clear snow in the neighboorhood with a guy who uses one, and my friend owns one and would probably end up helping out. Just wondering about pricing.

2. occ3377

occ3377 Member

one thing that would help is knowing your budget to see what fourwheelers were looking at

3. OP
    OP
    farmerkev

farmerkev Senior Member

This is where I run into trouble, maybe you guys could help me decide what to do.

I have right around $2000 at the time, I want to wait till fall because I can easily have another $1200 or more from another summer of work. I want a diesel truck, so waiting would help my $$$$ situation, the longer I wait the more the parents can pitch in. But I want a truck for in the summer. Possibly Buy a $500 beater truck for spring/summer/fall, and look at the diesel and a trailer in late fall.

4. occ3377

occ3377 Member

in my opinion, i cant see spending that 500 dollar truck that you wont use that much once you could get your desel, and thats 500 dollars that you could spend to find a nicer/better truck

5. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

You can get a good 4x4 atv for about $2500-$3000 if you shop around, sometimes it is nice to get one with a plow but you could find a good deal on a used plow too. I had the manual lift on my plow but I brought like a $60 winch and that makes it alot easier.