1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

    Dismiss Notice

Thick or thin

Discussion in 'Eureka Fluid Film' started by oldmankent, Feb 13, 2012.

  1. oldmankent

    oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict
    Messages: 1,322

    Local marine supply store carries fluid film. I want to get a gallon to spray the underside of my truck. I'd like to spray it out of a hand pump garden sprayer pressurized with a compressor. The place says there is thick and thin stuff. They only have the thick in gallon containers. Will this work for me, or do I need the thin stuff for that type of sprayer? Thanks, Nick.
  2. mg1826

    mg1826 Member
    Messages: 46

    Just curious what marine store in the Cape Ann area has the fluid film? Roses?
  3. Dano50

    Dano50 PlowSite.com Addict
    from CA
    Messages: 1,270

    I'd forget the thin stuff and just go with the regular Fluid Film. The best way to apply is with an airless paint sprayer, like a Wagner, or with an undercoating gun. You're going to have an issue trying to spray any of our products through a garden type sprayer.
  4. golden arches

    golden arches Senior Member
    Messages: 193

    Fluid film makes a sprayer for their product.. I've sprayed think and thin, When it's cold, thin works best. When it's warm, a little thinned down works fine. I've used a heat lamp to loosen it up... really flows well then.
  5. jmac5058

    jmac5058 Senior Member
    Messages: 431

    The thin stuff is made for bliges on steel ships,thick for everyting else.Undercoating gun or Wagner power painter works fine with no thinning.
  6. oldmankent

    oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict
    Messages: 1,322

    Ok. Thanks
  7. OnTheFarm

    OnTheFarm Member
    Messages: 54

    from the website here:

    There are several different Fluid Film formula's. Fluid Film "NAS" is the most popular formula. "NAS" is used for all undercoating, general lubrication, and rust preventing applications. When Fluid Film "NAS" is packaged in aerosol cans, it becomes Fluid Film "AS". So if you have used Fluid Film in the spray can, and want it in bulk (gallons, pails, etc), you would buy the Fluid Film "NAS" products.

    Fluid Film "Liquid A" is a thinner, marine formula for interior applications,(rudder interiors, voids, etc.) Not recommended for vehicle undercoating.

    Fluid Film "AR" is a very thick semi-gel for heavy marine applications. Not recommended for vehicle undercoating.