Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know i know its an ever ongoing subject i just want to know if anyone has experience with the kumho road venture at51, atturo trailblade xt, or mastercraft courser axt? Particularly regarding plowing snow? Thanks in advance

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
12 ram 2500, 285/70/17 tires on stock rims nothing special i use the truck for everyday travel work plowing etc...im looking to try a new brand of tires and these are a few i have no experience with

· Registered
7,949 Posts
Might want to take a look at the Mastercraft CXT's.

NYH1.

· Registered
124 Posts
12 ram 2500, 285/70/17 tires on stock rims nothing special i use the truck for everyday travel work plowing etc...im looking to try a new brand of tires and these are a few i have no experience with
A guy that I work with runs the AT51's on his G3 Ram and likes them, but at the same time he was coming from a bald set of Firestone tires, so of course the Kumho's offer better traction, haha!
I am running the Falken Wild Peak A/T3W's on my G4 and have been impressed with the traction. They're not much to speak of on ice, but any studless, non-dedicated-winter tire is just going to spin on ice anyway.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the input everyone! I have run many different tires in the past some successful some not, i like the idea of the crossovers hence why i was looking at the atturo xts, i did look into the mastercraft cxt as well. Also liked the wildpeaks as well. I guess i have some time and thinking to do. I would do a snow tire if it wasnt goong to be used year round but whatever i put on will stay on so thats pretty much out of question.

Past tires in order of my top to worst
1. Kanati mud hog
2. Cooper doscoverer at3
3. Starfire sf510
4. General grabber at2 (currently on the truck)
5. Firestone deatination mt
6. Yoko geolander at g015

· Registered
124 Posts
Thanks for the input everyone! I have run many different tires in the past some successful some not, i like the idea of the crossovers hence why i was looking at the atturo xts, i did look into the mastercraft cxt as well. Also liked the wildpeaks as well. I guess i have some time and thinking to do. I would do a snow tire if it wasnt goong to be used year round but whatever i put on will stay on so thats pretty much out of question.

Past tires in order of my top to worst
1. Kanati mud hog
2. Cooper doscoverer at3
3. Starfire sf510
4. General grabber at2 (currently on the truck)
5. Firestone deatination mt
6. Yoko geolander at g015
Did your Grabbers cup all to hell? I had a set on a Nissan Hardbody back about 10 years ago and they had great traction, but after about 20k they got all choppy and were unbelievably noisy, even with rotating them every oil change (5k)

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just an afterthought....i like the general grabbers but the reason they are so far down the list is they only are gonna last about 15.000miles they did great in snow but sucked on ice hard pack snow and mud. I would try the atx or x3 but price is crazy if they wont last long

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Did your Grabbers cup all to hell? I had a set on a Nissan Hardbody back about 10 years ago and they had great traction, but after about 20k they got all choppy and were unbelievably noisy, even with rotating them every oil change (5k)
They didnt cup they actually wore very evenly but just didnt last long at all

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.