• SnowCare For Troops Expands To Include Healthcare Workers
    Project EverGreen expands its SnowCare for Troops program to help healthcare professionals. Volunteers from the snow and landscape industries can provide snow and ice removal services to nominated healthcare heroes. Click here to read more.

The LIFE TABLE build

sweetk30

PlowSite.com Addict
So I built my self a 4ft x 8ft x 1in thick A36 plate steel table .

I got a deal on the new plate . Then c-list score all the rest of the frame work from a guy who had piles of these cut scraps or screw ups .

10in c-channel 1/4 wall . 5in x 3in 3/8 lower brace & shelf support . 3in x 3in x 1/4 wall square tube legs . 5in x 5in 1/4 plate for feet .

She is named ROSIE after the AC/DC song . She is 36in off the ground and moves with the help of a pallet jack . . . Cause she is just over 2,000 lbs .

Waiting for a stick of 2in x 2in 1/4 wall seamless square tube to add points around the frame so you can add the vise / bench grinder / drill press / or other stuff any corner of the table you need .

Going to get the top blasted at the local media blast shop and leave the rest raw and rusty . The top will get sanded fairly smooth and a light light maybe to protect in the shop .

Attachments

OP
sweetk30

sweetk30

PlowSite.com Addict
She kicked my but over the last 3 days . Lots of heavy parts and design plans .

And the real crazy part is there is 5 more now to build waiting in the line up . But they will be easy since I saved my info for the cuts . And when I was cutting parts I cut multiple batches for the legs and feet already .

1 more 4 x 8 and 4 4 x 6 to do .

OP
sweetk30

sweetk30

PlowSite.com Addict
No.2 is now done . It's trying to show dominance over no.1 but no.1 is not going to have any of that crap .

And some action pics of how I flip them by my self and no fork lift or crane .

Attachments