The great Xmas RAINSTORM

DaveO

PlowSite.com Veteran
And so goes another blockbuster forecast for SE Mass. Was hearing forecast's of 5-10"+ for my area. Now it is almost 7pm, raining hard and still 35F.

For those N&W of the rain/snow line. Have a safe/happy holiday event.

Dave

gordyo

DaveO,

I'm on the coast on the North Shore of Boston. Forecast was for 6-12 Started off rain and Rained all afternoon then about 5:00pm turned to snow and now snowing like mad. Still don't see how we are going to get a foot by midnight but one never knows.

Alan

PlowSite.com Addict
Forecast was for snow developing in the afternoon and going until after midnight. Saw a few flurries starting around 7 PM. Been watching Weatherbug radar and it appears that the precipitation was moving north earlier and has now started receding. As much as that sucks it seems probable if we are now on the backside of the storms rotation. As of right now, (8:42 PM) I'm thinking this thing is a fizzle for us in NW Vermont.

Mick

PlowSite.com Veteran
No fizzle north of you, Alan. It's been coming down steady for about three hours now, around 6" now and still coming. Plowed out my drive and was going to go around the route. Can't see the road which the city hasn't plowed anyway. Just have to wait till morning, hope we don't get the 14" we're supposed to.