The exspected Lawn Site thread.Who's working on Christmas?

dlcs

2000 Club Member
If it snows, we are out. If the site is open, it gets plowed. If its closed it will wait until the morning of the 26, unless the wx man is calling for alot of snow. I don't see we have a choice.

coppertec

1olddogtwo;1688419 said:
Its just another day in my book.

this. but then again most of my sites are done in the middle of the night anyways, so xmas is a bonus for me since there will be even less people on the roads

White Gardens

2000 Club Member
1olddogtwo;1688419 said:
Its just another day in my book.

coppertec;1688432 said:
this. but then again most of my sites are done in the middle of the night anyways, so xmas is a bonus for me since there will be even less people on the roads

If it snows, then we work, just at a slower pace.....

Done it twice in my career, and won't be surprised if it happens again.

Flawless440

PlowSite.com Addict
I was out on New Years Eve last season, everybody was partying and i was doing walks....
It's worth living in a huge house with nice things and vehicles

coppertec

Flawless440;1688450 said:
I was out on New Years Eve last season, everybody was partying and i was doing walks....
It's worth living in a huge house with nice things and vehicles

that's what keeps me going with my work load and shite hours. reminds me of one of my favorite quotes: if you don't wanna work a 9-5 be prepared to hustle 24/7

step 1
set up business
step 2
set my mom up nicely
step 3
set my self up nicely
step 4
????
step 5
retire!

haha

maxwellp

PlowSite.com Addict
Yep, If it snows I will be out just like any other day. Open, Closed does not matter, Plow snow when it snows. Hard to do in the summer.

Italiano67

Me too. We go when it snows. I wont get into guessing who will be open etc because you will always have the unexpected happen.Tthat goes for any snow day.I am hired to remove snow not to know every accounts schedule.

Dogplow Dodge

PlowSite Veteran
It never snows here on Christmas..

So, I'll be working on Grandma's famous homemade lasagna, and drinking beers.

And if it does snow....

Well, I guess I'll plow with a buzz on, and a belly full of Garfields finest...:eek:

SnowFakers

If it snows I plow. Doing mostly driveways people will be antsy to move around if it snows on Christmas so they are going to want that snow gone. Family won't mind, they don't like me anyway :laughing:

coldcoffee

Working holidays has always been a way to escape the drama and noise, after I've had enough. Last New Years I had a blast. It's kind of funny watching the sheeple standing outside of the party places hovering around an ash tray, while wearing all their New Years crap. After they drink and eat, somehow I guess I become more entertaining to watch outside than an over sized disco ball dropping from the sky...the same as it did the year before. It's like...we got all crazy looking, now what? If I get to work this year, I thought maybe I would add sparklers to my plow markers, just to make their night a little more memorable.

Top Forums