Snow Plowing Forum banner

Thanks Plowsite!

2K views 13 replies 12 participants last post by  rob_cook2001 
#1 ·
Just wanted to take a minute to thank everyone on here. Just basically locked down a 2yr 70K a year snow/landscape contract at an HOA. All the advice and help you guys gave has been great.

For all the new guys on here, this site is truly a wealth of information. If you just take the time to read what the big guys say, you'll have a huge step up on your local competition. Understanding your costs, how to operate professionally etc...

What sold them was the snowblower idea, they have very tight lots with no where to pile snow at the lots.

Also my proposal knocked their socks off, and I incorporated some ideas that I had heard on here, like how Neige includes a google earth view of the property with markings to show the client exactly what gets done where.

Now i just have to decide between an erskine blower and ffc blower.

My hats off to all you other snow fighters out there, have a blessed and safe winter this year!

#3 ·
Congrats man!....the bill's in the mail.

#6 ·
ProTouchGrounds;1094715 said:
Just wanted to take a minute to thank everyone on here. Just basically locked down a 2yr 70K a year snow/landscape contract at an HOA. All the advice and help you guys gave has been great.

For all the new guys on here, this site is truly a wealth of information. If you just take the time to read what the big guys say, you'll have a huge step up on your local competition. Understanding your costs, how to operate professionally etc...

What sold them was the snowblower idea, they have very tight lots with no where to pile snow at the lots.

Also my proposal knocked their socks off, and I incorporated some ideas that I had heard on here, like how Neige includes a google earth view of the property with markings to show the client exactly what gets done where.

Now i just have to decide between an erskine blower and ffc blower.

My hats off to all you other snow fighters out there, have a blessed and safe winter this year!
Congrats, thanks for taking the time to share something positive, all to often we only hear negative, its refreshing.:drinkup:

#8 ·
Congratulations!!! Will you be running the blower/blowers with skids or tractors??
Robert

#11 ·
Pro touch and all plowsite members,

I walso wanted it wanted to say thanks I have been plowing snow since 04. I am new to plowsite. I have never been more educated about snow and ice and contracts. I am providing a better product to my costumers. I am also helping my subs to do a better job with there businesses.

I have never been able find as much and accurate information any where else on the web. So a big thanks to everyone and congratulations to pro touch.

THANK YOU
Justin

#13 ·
actually for this year its a hydro erskine unit off my rc100 for this hoa. im still doing a bit of research b/c id like to unveil a tractor & pto blower unit in my area next season. ill be taking this area by storm with the residentials.

I would say that about 50% of our new clients sign up because they are neighbors of clients or hear from friends about the fantastic plowing service we offer compared to their current contractors. So, naturally, you ask, how can I improve this service while expanding the client base? From what I've seen on here, the best way to handle a large volume of driveways while being quick & efficient and still cleaning well is with a tractor mounted blower.

Our city is only 5 square miles, so we have a very dense client base to begin with. Starting with one unit, and a bit of advertising, i hope that word of mouth will spread like wild fire. Just in the senior program alone there are close to 2000 drives, so i access to clients who ALREADY pay for plowing, a much easier win than signing completely new clients.

And its not just Neige that helped out, theres JD Dave, 2cor, Merrimac, Columbia, WiPens, Creative and many more.

You can even learn things from new members when they ask questions, they put a different perspective on something you though you may have already known. In life and snow, you always have to keep your eyes and ears open to stay on top of the game.

#14 ·
ProTouch, If you are looking into a tractor I would look VERY strongly at a JD 6 115-140D. I know very little about blowers but make a living with 100-150hp tractors. They are more of a base model (to compete with kubota and whatnot). They still have the features you want (solid drive trains, Power reverser,comfortable cabs and the great parts availability of a Green machine). I Have been thinking about getting a 6140D to run a 12ft pusher on for next season.
Good luck which every way you go.
Robert

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.