Snow Plowing Forum banner

Thanks plowsite

7K views 50 replies 23 participants last post by  blk90s13 
#1 · (Edited)
The winter of 09-10 has been one of the best in my young lifetime. We had close to 72 inches for the winter and our avg is 28. The things i learned this winter will def help me as a move forward and look to have my own operation next winter. My truck was set-up for a winter like this, and it did not disappoint. I learned from this site how to properly set it up. From weight in the back....to having a good tires for plowing. I really think strobes and a amber light are a must. When its snowing 2-3 inches a hour it great that people can see the lights. My fisher def was up for the task and had no problems with it. Also no breakdowns with my truck. I always wanted a winter like this, and now that i sit here and think about it, it seems unreal. Running out of room for snow and relocating was something very new to me this winter, but now i feel like i mastered it. lol

I want to say many thanks to the great friends i gained from this site....first B&B for taking the time to help me with my over heating issue.....told me where to go for a new clutch fan....and pretty much walk me through the whole process...and saved me a few hundred dollars. After the new clutch fan...not one more problem the rest of the winter. Thanks mike for all the help.

Stroker79(doug) i talk to you more then i talk to some of my friends here in jersey...helping me me with my truck set-up and just shooting the breeze on the phone. When i planed to go to chicago for a snowstorm you open to door to ur home so i could stay...very cool man. Even though you are out of plowing....i know we will still continue to talk and wish u the best doug...and thanks again for the light bar.

The Chicago guys.....BNC...vaughshultz.....erkholar......colin....t-man...reaper....scottl...mark13 thanks for showing me how to handler a busy snow year and have fun with it........so many text and phone calls back and forth about snowstorms and plowing.....loved how we sent pics of plowing during each storm.......you guys are def great people....thanks for even let me forecast for you.....and not busting on me when im wrong...lol

Basher i still will never forget when we spent about 4 hours on a cold windy November day...just talking snow....the knowledge i came away with that day was great...and how you pm me just to ask how i was doing and how the winter is...thanks again....hope you had a great winter.

The new jersey crew....mkwl....icey.....dirtyjersey....s&mll....prizepup.....blk...highlander....lab inc we finally had a great winter...after all the snow-less winter we have been through...what a great run and thanks for offering to help me out when i was down a truck...very cool of you guys...have a great spring...and cant wait for next winter.

Nickplowing.....it was great hearing from you during the snowstorms...you guys got alot more snow then i did.,....but you killed it. Thanks for the snow pics of what was coming....and how to attack the storm

grandview what can i say? we bust on eachother alot....but you have def gave me great advise over the phone.....and calling me many times this winter asking me are you tired of it yet? lol...always great to hear from you....hope all is well....and love hearing ur snow plowing stories.

One of the coolest things this winter was when i got a phone call from JD dave.....he was just asking me how everything was with all the snow and hope all was well.....i thought that was real cool....this big snow removal guy from canada...asking how i was doing......thanks again dave...have a great spring.

The Iowa crew also for the advise they gave me the last few years...crete...hydro...duca.
Thanks guys.

camden, marko, toby....always great to read your post...they are very informative and also taking the time out to answer my questions.

Almost forgot the ohio crew clapper...steve....and all of the great guys in that thread...thanks again.

Oh and many thanks to cre and goldpro for always making me laugh when i read this site...good stuff guys.

Thanks plowsite for everything :drinkup: Im sorry if i missed a few guys.....hope everyone has a great spring and summer....see you next winter when its time to scrape the pavement.

See less See more
#3 ·
Banksy;1026907 said:
Great post. Congrats!
Thanks bansky....always look foward to you threads.....great to see the projects you work on.....they always turn out great :drinkup:

#4 ·
You forgot me!

Jk well that's good you had a great year, sounds like you made some friends,
if you don't mind me asking, where are you located that you got 72"?
Just pm me your number and then you can get a call from the famous ajslands!
Hope you have a good spring and summer, and fall, don't overdue it though, I would hate to not hear from you, so be safe, have fun, and make friends,
take care

A.J.

#5 ·
ajslands;1026911 said:
You forgot me!

Jk well that's good you had a great year, sounds like you made some friends,
if you don't mind me asking, where are you located that you got 72"?
Just pm me your number and then you can get a call from the famous ajslands!
Hope you have a good spring and summer, and fall, don't overdue it though, I would hate to not hear from you, so be safe, have fun, and make friends,
take care

A.J.
lol...i will def do that. Im located by new brunswick....by the RU campus......62 was the total for new brunswick.....close to 40 of that came in febuary....i also plow in monmouth county they had 72 for the winter.....between 60-70 inches we plowed this winter...thanks again for the kind words.

#11 ·
JD Dave;1026993 said:
Tim's a genuinely nice guy. As I've said before he's Mr Positive and it's good to have him around here boosting people's spririts. I'll call you duing the next blizzard, since your getting paid by the hour. LOL
C c ca can you call me? I'll make you a deal jd Dave, you call me and I'll join sima, DONT FORGET THE FREE COAT :D
:waving: :salute:

#13 ·
basher;1027002 said:
Wasn't it grandpayup :D

If you judge them all by this one you're in for a disappointing lifetime
I can see Tim now, grandkids sitting on his knee while he tells tales of the winter 09-10:laughing:
Back In my day we had to use horses! And attached a plow to the back of them, doing the large parking lots took days!
Why I remebr back in 1978 we had a blizzard that shutdown the eastern part of the country!

#14 ·
tls22;1026902 said:
One of the coolest things this winter was when i got a phone call from JD dave.....he was just asking me how everything was with all the snow and hope all was well.....

I got a call from JD Dave once too.....on a completely different topic tho! :D

Oh and many thanks to cre and goldpro for always making me laugh when i read this site...good stuff guys.
Thanks bud! Have a prosperous summer this year. :salute:

#15 ·
Stan;1026932 said:
Kudos on the post. Not too fast kingosobie...we need one more storm

http://www.almanac.com/weather/longrange/NY/Brentwood
Thanks stan...hope you had a great winter. idk about one more.....plus my plow is away for a nap now....but last time i said that on this site...the next day it snowed 3 inches....lol

grandview;1026941 said:
Timmy next season you'll wish for that 28 inches. Glad you learned how not to plow just in circles !
lol...thanks bud...yeah i know next winter is going to be a fight to get to 20 inches...lol. I will just call you then

JohnnyRoyale;1026986 said:
Sounds lilke an acceptance speach wesport
Thanks johnny lmao....i broke my snow cherry

#17 ·
JD Dave;1026993 said:
Tim's a genuinely nice guy. As I've said before he's Mr Positive and it's good to have him around here boosting people's spririts. I'll call you duing the next blizzard, since your getting paid by the hour. LOL
lol..thanks dave.....i think i was paid 50 bucks to talk to you on the phone for 30 min....lol. Have a great green season bud

basher;1027002 said:
Wasn't it grandpayup

If you judge them all by this one you're in for a disappointing lifetime
I can see Tim now, grandkids sitting on his knee while he tells tales of the winter 09-10:laughing:
lol......yeah i can not get my hope up basher....just put this season in the memory bank and plow on....we need to set up a meet soon :drinkup:

creativedesigns;1027030 said:
Thanks bud! Have a prosperous summer this year. :salute:
Thanks cre...lol you to pal

#18 ·
Lux Lawn;1027039 said:
Glad you had a good year, hope you have many more profitable years in the future.

In fact I want you to be so successful I will send you all of our snow as well.LOL
thankyou...thats very nice of you.....you guys got a good amount of snow also....i heard away from the lake effect areas...did very well

#19 ·
tls22;1027042 said:
thankyou...thats very nice of you.....you guys got a good amount of snow also....i heard away from the lake effect areas...did very well
The areas I plow in get lots of Lake Effect.
We need to cut Canada off.
98% of my work is on contracts, so I don't want the snow.

#20 ·
Lux Lawn;1027047 said:
The areas I plow in get lots of Lake Effect.
We need to cut Canada off.
98% of my work is on contracts, so I don't want the snow.
you sound like a young grandview...he does not want the snow either.....:drinkup:

#23 ·
ajslands;1027000 said:
C c ca can you call me? I'll make you a deal jd Dave, you call me and I'll join sima, DONT FORGET THE FREE COAT :D
:waving: :salute:
Well Tim you just guaranteed getting a call from JD. Kudos to you, for those kind words. Maybe we will see you in Providence this June.

#24 ·
Neige;1027072 said:
Well Tim you just guaranteed getting a call from JD. Kudos to you, for those kind words. Maybe we will see you in Providence this June.
lol..thanks neige...its always great to read about ur operation.....going to have a bunch of questions for you in providence :drinkup:

#26 ·
I agree with JDdave on tim being a postive guy.
Tim gave me much encouragement on startin to plow and has always made nice comments on me. I have learned so much from plowsite also. I am glad you had a great winter Tim mine was awesome too see you next year! :waving: (although I will still be popping into plowsite throughout the summer:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.