Snow Plowing Forum banner

TGSUVPROA Problem with spreader speed.

3K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  smoorman 
#1 ·
During the summer I bought a brand new TGSUVPROA spreader. A hitch mount with in cab variable control. I hooked it up, tested it and everything was fine. The first time I actually used it to salt I ran into a problem. After a few runs, I would turn it on and no matter where the speed dial was, it would jump from 0 to 4 to 9 in an instant. The only way to get it back down from 9 was to turn the dial all the way up to 9 then back down again.
I've tried turning it all the way down before I shut it off and the same thing happens. I've even tried to keep it at 9 when I shut it off so that when I turn it on and it jumps to 9 I just have to turn it down. Unfortunately, then I have to turn it all the way to 0, then back to 9 then down to the speed I need.
Anyone experience this with any Salt Dogg spreaders? Any idea how to fix it?

THANKS!

#2 ·
I have the same spreader, and it always comes on at the highest speed for about 10 - 20 seconds. then reverts to where you have it set. If I am correct, this is to prevent the salt from jamming in the auger at start up. It sounds to me that it is performing just as it should. Maybe smoorman can elaborate further.

#3 ·
From the description it's not clear if you're describing the normal functionality (always starts at blast) or something else.

Turn it on, wait for it to slow back down. You should have then have complete control.

Scott

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.