Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering how many contractors doing Target snow removal have been screwed around and not paid fully? Thinking class action if enough of us. Thanks for your time.

Registered
where i am target, lowes, home depot, wallyworld and other "big box stores" are all done by brightview, AKA brikckman before they screwed so many people they had to change their name back in 2015.

• Wow
Reactions: BUFF

Registered
I said it in the other thread, but based on Ferrendino's reputation, I highly doubt the issue is with Target.

Registered
Target has used management Companies for years. Their main purpose is to distance the stores corporate management from liability. They also use the them as the 鈥渂ad guy鈥 to stiff contractors from receiving full payment of the contract. They usually find some obscure reason to terminate (usually March) at seasons end and since payments are usually 2 or 3 months behind, they have received service for essentially the entire season and have only paid for 2 or 3 months. I鈥檓 speaking from personal experience. In general you inevitably get taken advantage of by management Companies and their clients (Chains) sooner or later. I could go on for hours (I almost have). As someone who has been in this business over 30 years, my advice would be avoid these sub contractor agreements like the plague.

Super Moderator
my advice would be avoid these sub contractor agreements like the plague.
Yes!

although, I worked two really good management companies when I serviced a local EPA property. Reduced payment at the end of each month with a credit Card from the property manager that worked their under the mgmt company.
And ice worked with some really crappy local companies who have treated me and my team like complete poop, and that only lasts a season if that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts