Taconics 2 annual bbq for plowers and manufacturers

snow

PlowSite.com Veteran
Plowsite / Taconics 2 annual bbq for plowers and manufacturers

Well, it's time to think about snow again, and what a better place than the <b> Taconics 2 annual bbq for Plowers and Manufacturers </b>. Last year was a great turnout for the first year. for those who didn't go, we had Curtis snowplow, boss plows, sno-way, hiniker, ice-o-way spreader, snowman snowplows, a bobcat with a snowblower, ledex snow pusher, magic salt, trailers, urethane edges, ford commercial truck dealer, snowplow parts, truck accesories,etc. It was a blast, got to meet a lot of the plowsite members, such as plowking35, diceman, john dimartino, BRL, chuck smith, his brother andy, john parker,miketek, etc. we plan to have this the first or second week of october. john parker will be hosting it at his shop again in poughkeepsie, ny.

Mark you calenders now, John P will set the final date.

Hope to see you there,

Bryan

Last edited by a moderator:

Chuck Smith

2000 Club Member
I assume you'll be giving out free samples of Magic salt again this year? I encourage anyone who hasn't used it, to get a sample. Trying it out is what convinced me!

~Chuck

Taconic

PlowSite.com Veteran
Yes Chuck ,we will be giving free samples of the Magic salt at our BBQ and be giving a demonstration which will describe and show how to spray,use and mix Magic.
Any manufacturers who have an interest in showing there equipment give us a ring at 845-485-4200
John Parker

Chuck Smith

2000 Club Member
John,

You posted this on last year's thread from the BBQ. I think it might be helpful to add it to this thread as well.

"The barbecue will be at my shop at 186 Cottage Street in Poughkeepsie, New York. We are about 1.5 hours north of NYC right along the Hudson river. Anyone interested in helping organizing our event call me at 845-485-4200. Any vendors interested in showing their equipment please contact me for details."

~Chuck

Here's the thread
http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=403

plowking35

2000 Club Member
I spoke with Jp via email, and we will be doing 2 urethane edge install demostrations, one in the am and one after lunch. We may even try one on the lot, and bump a curb or two. So if you are interested in how they install and how they work on gravel and curbs, be sure to attend.
Dino

Taconic

PlowSite.com Veteran
equipment attendees

Just an update on whose gonna be in Poughkeepsie for the BBQ.
So far we have
BOSS PLOWS
FISHER PLOWS
HENIKER PLOWS AND SANDERS
CURTIS PLOWS
AVALANCHE PUSHER BOXES
PRO TEC SNOW PUSHERS
MAGIC SALT DEMOSTRATIONS
ARTIC GROOMER URETHANE EDGES AND INSTALLATION DEMO
BOBCAT W/SNOW BLOWER ATTACHMENTS
JCB FRONT END LOADERS
JOHN DEERE SNOW BLOWERS
CURTIS SNOW PLOWS AND SANDERS
SPRAY TRUCKS AND PICKUP TRUCK SLIDE IN SPRAY SYSTEMS
SIMA INFORMATION
FORD TRUCKS
INTERNATIONAL TRUCKS
WOW the list is growing and it should be a good turn out

PlowSite.com Addict
Yes, I'm giving serious thought to heading down that way myself. Bit of a drive, but gotta make sure Canada's represented....................... :D

lawnboy82

Banned
this will be on a weekend i would assume? cause if it is, i will organize the people of much fat and arrange for a group of whale men to come up, eat, and learn. BEWARE THE BEACHED WHALE MEN! i think i may only bring one. however i can pack away a nice chunk of food as well.

Chuck Smith

2000 Club Member
Originally posted by Taconic 7-16-01
The date has been set and the Magic day will be Saturday October 13th 2001 from 10am to 5pm.
John Parker

Sounds like a weekend to me :D

~Chuck

JCurtis

Banned
:D

Last time I checked a calendar October 13th was on a weekend!

Geeeeezzzzzzzzzz how hard is it to check a calendar before opening mouth and inserting foot!!!!

Then again if lawnboy calls his friends whale men, I guess he may not have much in the smarts department !!!! LOL

:p

Jeff

Top Forums