Snow Plowing Forum banner
3201 - 3220 of 3229 Posts

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
The only time we get a good scrape is when edges are new. That clean scrape doesnt last long. Rotating and swapping edges should be done more often but forget until heavy wet snow reminds us.

Customers dont seem to mind. The ones that do are typically from low snow areas and not used to hardpack buildup now and then.

Now that the hybrid solved the cleanup issue hoping the next generation will provide better scrape. HOA roadways suffer. Have to bring in a truck if they demand clean roads with no buildup.

·
Registered
49,884 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,585 Posts
Probably best if you guys block each other, I don’t think there’s any issue with posting screenshots from other sites as long as they’re not inappropriate, as long as names are blurred.

·
Registered
49,884 Posts
Probably best if you guys block each other, I don't think there's any issue with posting screenshots from other sites as long as they're not inappropriate, as long as names are blurred.
I'm not that techy.

·
Registered
219 Posts
We have a set of Nokian TRI 2's on our JD5100. In the process of ordering our next tractor I was made aware of the the Nokian Hakkapalliita TRI. They are a single purpose type winter tire. Softer compound and siped. Not sure how I missed out on these. Anyone run them? I thought Nokians were Nokians.
I have the TRI's on the rear of my tractor and they are amazing. I have the BKT version on the front. I almost ordered the TRI 2's but I saw the TRI a went for it. I have them on a 5093e

Reactions: Landgreen

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I have the TRI's on the rear of my tractor and they are amazing. I have the BKT version on the front. I almost ordered the TRI 2's but I saw the TRI a went for it. I have them on a 5093e
My dealer said they are the same price. Seems like a no brainer. I wish I knew about them before I ordered our other snow tires.

This week I was plowing our shop lot with our 5085 which has a 10' pushbox on the loader. It had the original R1's on it last time I plowed and it was frustrating to use especially trying to corner with full box. Now it has the Alliance 550's and what a difference. Totally different machine.

·
Registered
49,884 Posts
It's like going from ice skates to suction cups.

·
Registered
49,884 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have a Kubota L6060 fuel consumption question. I am currently on pg 98 of this thread and edgeair stated he is seeing 1US gph (average). I’m curious if that’s what others are seeing? At 13.8 gal fuel tank that consumption should not be an issue however doing other research I’ve seen reports of 3 US gph consumption which would seem to be an issue as refueling would be needed. Thanks for any and all info on this Kubota L6060 question.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a Kubota L6060 fuel consumption question. I am currently on pg 98 of this thread and edgeair stated he is seeing 1US gph (average). I'm curious if that's what others are seeing? At 13.8 gal fuel tank that consumption should not be an issue however doing other research I've seen reports of 3 US gph consumption which would seem to be an issue as refueling would be needed. Thanks for any and all info on this Kubota L6060 question.
L4060 here, so same machine minus 20hp (a turbo) and a weaker front axle. I get a little over 1.5gph pushing it hard mowing. Pushing it hard blowing should be about the same. L6060 would be pushing towards 3gph territory. You tend not to push the machine as hard plowing or blowing, at least the work I do. Maybe 50% max load vs 90% of the time mowing.

·
Registered
61 Posts
L4060 here, so same machine minus 20hp (a turbo) and a weaker front axle. I get a little over 1.5gph pushing it hard mowing. Pushing it hard blowing should be about the same. L6060 would be pushing towards 3gph territory. You tend not to push the machine as hard plowing or blowing, at least the work I do. Maybe 50% max load vs 90% of the time mowing.
Thank you, I am currently trying to gain as much knowledge as possible about the process and tractors themselves. I was not sure how hard you are pushing the tractor while blowing. Our current route times with our trucks are 3-4hrs depending on conditions and if I was to add a tractor I would want to maintain that same route time. Refueling during a storm is something I would want to avoid if at all possible.

·
Registered
49,884 Posts
So the majority of Deere 4066's around here running blowers have at least one fuel tank mounted on the tractor.

Trying to remember but I'm 99% sure our 4720 made it through an entire night on 1 tank. About 5 hours IIRC.

Guessing the emissions are the cause of more fuel usage.

·
Registered
61 Posts
So the majority of Deere 4066's around here running blowers have at least one fuel tank mounted on the tractor.

Trying to remember but I'm 99% sure our 4720 made it through an entire night on 1 tank. About 5 hours IIRC.

Guessing the emissions are the cause of more fuel usage.
Thanks Mark, the refueling thing will be a major obstacle for me as anything over 3 or 4" snowfall we are out more than 5 hours as the way we operate now anything over that amount of snow we would service our driveways at least 2 times. We roll at 2" now.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I’m sure I need to take a different approach to this service as the driveways I would be targeting are pretty flat and short and driving thru 4” should not be a problem. Maybe only service the tractor route driveways once on those 4” and under storms. So much to consider and learn as my existing route is already not the norm in these parts as most guys don’t see the benefit of seasonal pricing and a high level of service. Fortunately our customer base does.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Does anyone have any pointers on changing the scraper blade on the Normand n82 hybrid blower? What lifting points or maybe safely tipping it backward? All help would be appreciated.
Thanks,

Kevin

·
Registered
49,884 Posts
We change the 92's while it is on the tractor. Couple jackstands for safety and use the 3 point to keep it up.

3201 - 3220 of 3229 Posts