Switching to blowing service

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by PTSolutions, Nov 25, 2010.

1. snoworks1

snoworks1 Senior Member

Mark,

What model tractor do you have? I have never had a single issue with my 3 point system, I am running a Kubota M110.

Here are my pros and cons:

Pros:
    -Way more than enough power.
    -You can easily plow a standard(3 to 4 cars deep, 2 wide) driveway in under a minute.
    -Better turning radius than my Jeep Wrangler set ups!
    -Awesome visibility.
    -Comfort
    -Auto shift
    -Great heat
    -24.4 mph - I travel 10 miles to get to my first house each storm.
    -This combo works better the deeper the snow gets(cleaner driveways/etc).
    -Great advertisement.

Cons:
    -Learning curve for large equipment(shear pins, u-joints, etc.)
    -Windshield fogging: Every storm it takes time to figure out the right setting to keep windows from fogging(turn a/c with heat, between cold and hot, re-circulate button on, etc.!!!
    -If this equipment goes down, you can't just tow it.
    -Sheer size of unit(height).
    -Cost to get set up correct, after spending 70k for tractor.
    -Regen mode!!!! Just a pain in the butt, even though it has a regen while operating button.
    -Alternator belt issues. Stock belts seem to be miss matched to pulley size.
    -Temperature issues if alternator belt is loose!!!! lol
    -Scraping issues in wet/heavy snow(I have tivar on my Normand).

Thats all I can think of for now.

Peace,

Chuck B

2. seville009

seville009 PlowSite.com Addict
    from CNY

[QUOTE="snoworks1, post: 2390162, member: 3652]
    Windshield fogging: Every storm it takes time to figure out the right setting to keep windows from fogging(turn a/c with heat, between cold and hot, re-circulate button on, etc.!!![/QUOTE]

I have a skidsteer with a heated cab. Had constant problems with fogging and icing on the inside. Bought the fan in the link below last fall. It stayed tight on the window the whole winter and has a strong enough air stream to keep all my windows clear. Worked perfectly

https://m.tvirdauto.com/Car-air-fan...-for-Van-SUV-RV-Boat-Auto-6_5-inch--p-26.html

3. boutch

boutch Senior Member

Correct, Stainless Doesnt leave rust mark. But my experience with it, it wore at lease 2 time faster than a Hardox edge on a 92 pronovost inverted.

CK82 likes this.
  4. R75419

R75419 Senior Member

I just posted my inverted blower and tractor for sale in the for sale thread if anyone is looking for a winter ready unit. It is hands down the best way to do residential snow removal. We just do not have and can’t find the manpower for the sidewalks. Admin remove if this isn’t allowed.

5. mnlawns

mnlawns Member

Just picked up a L6060HST with a normand 82"

Mark Oomkes likes this.
  6. CAT 245ME

CAT 245ME PlowSite.com Addict

2014 6125R with new Normand N100-310HYB, my JD dealer gave me a very good deal on this 6R, has 2000 hrs one owner (dairy farm), well taken care of plus pre def which is what I was looking for. IMG_20191109_112444.jpg

7. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

She's purty...

8. OP
    OP
    PTSolutions

PTSolutions PlowSite.com Addict

We got the px9530 last winter to replace our original dk90 which had 7 years of service with zero issues.

As for our Shoule, we just had to weld over some plate in areas that had started rusting through and re paint. Other than that this setup has been rock solid.

20191111_114612[1].jpg

20191111_114630[1].jpg

CAT 245ME, mnlawns and jonniesmooth like this.
  9. CAT 245ME

I have a question, for those of you running the Normand Hybrid blowers. Do you find them when running to be very loud?

This weekend was the first time I tried my new N100 HYB and compared to the old 92" Normand inverted (fairly quiet running), the new HYB was VERY loud when running. I checked the gear oil in the blower thinking it might have not been filled but it was. What are your thoughts?

10. Mark Oomkes

Yes...thought something was hitting, looked all over and couldn't find any shiny steel.

CAT 245ME likes this.
  11. CAT 245ME

Wonder why that is, when I first heard the new blower I thought this might not be very popular in the middle of the night.

Mark Oomkes likes this.
  12. Mark Oomkes

Guess I never paid attention last year. Fired it up this year and wondered what the heck was going on. Even the CFO asked.

13. CAT 245ME

Gonna need more grease lol

Mark Oomkes likes this.
  14. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

What kind.....

15. Mark Oomkes

The kind that goes "whoooooooosh"...

CAT 245ME, BossPlow2010 and BUFF like this.
  16. kevinjd

kevinjd Junior Member

I have the 82” and I don’t think it is loud at all, I did grease all fittings and lubed the chain with aerosol chain lube. Actually it runs very smooth.

17. kevinjd

kevinjd Junior Member

I had that steel hitting noise on my Econor 68”, the auger was hitting the nuts on the bolt on scraper blade. I had to grind the edges on the nuts and that took care of it.
    Seems like very tight tolerance.

18. Herm Witte

Herm Witte Senior Member

In looking at our inverted blowers I wonder if the "loudness" occurs because the sound gets trapped in the housing much like hollering in a tunnel. The previous standard models are more open allowing the sound to more easily dissipate.

CAT 245ME likes this.
  19. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

So kind of like Mark talking indoors verse outdoors...
    Works for me.Thumbs Up

Herm Witte and m_ice like this.
  20. CAT 245ME

Makes sense in a way. I guess the bigger the blower the louder it will be?