1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Switching to blowing service

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by PTSolutions, Nov 25, 2010.

1. CAT 245ME

CAT 245ME PlowSite.com Addict

A friend of mine who uses Agco farm equipment, asked his dealer recently if they had seen a Kioti tractor in the shop (they repair all makes of tractors along with selling Agco), the salesman told him that a gentleman had came in a while back looking to trade his Kioti, so the dealer looked in to trade value and it was so low that it wasn't worth it for them.

My competitors all run small no name tractors, such as LS.

2. SDLandscapes VT

SDLandscapes VT Senior Member
    from Vermont

I have three tractors one from each category
    4066r hydro 66 engine HP, 52 PTO HP, max speed 22 mph
    5410 12 x 12 with hydraulic shuttle and wet clutch, non-synchro'd ranges 81 engine HP, 67 PTO HP 18 mph top speed
    6320 24 x 24 power quad with hydraulic shuttle, wet clutch, and synchro'd ranges 100 engine HP, 88 PTO HP 27 mph top speed

Frankly best overall tractor for the money is the 5410 or 5085e in current models. The power quad is the best transmission for snowblowing. We all very much prefer the clutch tractors over the hydro for the driveways except the newbies. You will not be outclassed with the 85 HP in a deeper snow. We had stella this year with 32" and we cleared no problem.

the hydro suffered but I think this is mostly that the 82" normand is a bad combo with this tractor

3. CAT 245ME

CAT 245ME PlowSite.com Addict

Well here it is, my John Deere 6105D 24x12 transmission (minus H310 loader) with Normand N92INV-280, after it's second season, no issues. I do wish the blower was wider though, 8' minimum. April 30, 2017 001.jpg

absolutely and Mark Oomkes like this.
  4. CMD

CMD Member
    from Maine

We have been running our N92 behind a 7060 and like the width , presently looking at M5-90 and have the same concern you mention. What do you find for issues? Anyone running the new M5 with DEP for blowing service? Power wise seems to be a big step above our standard M7060 tractors .