1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

    Dismiss Notice

switched power for in cab controller 2008 chevy

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Jerry Lee, Dec 8, 2008.

  1. Jerry Lee

    Jerry Lee Junior Member
    Messages: 5

    Where can I find switched power for a cabcommand controller on 2008 chevy truck?
  2. Sharpcut 1

    Sharpcut 1 Senior Member
    Messages: 386

    I've only found one spot,and that is an IGN fuse on the panel under the hood. Everything in the truck fuse pannel I found was hot, including the spare. Anyone else willing to chime in, please do, as I would like to find a good place in the cab to tap into.
  3. fordmstng66

    fordmstng66 Senior Member
    Messages: 527

    I found the same as you, i really think GM did not think when they built these HD trucks, almost like they forgot about the reason they are called Work Trucks.
  4. justgeorge

    justgeorge Senior Member
    Messages: 223

  5. Jerry Lee

    Jerry Lee Junior Member
    Messages: 5

    I just found at napa a fuse tap. It is essentially a blade which plugs into one side of the fuse with the fuse. The other end is a a blade for a electrical connector.