• PlowSite Homepage Upgrade

Hello again PlowSite community,

I wanted to post a quick note to let you know that the homepage of PlowSite will experience a major upgrade next week. We’re always looking for ways to improve our users’ experience on the site, and felt that this upgrade was needed and long overdue.

With this upgrade, you’ll now see the top trending posts as soon as you visit PlowSite, and these will be updated throughout the day. You can also easily access videos and photos. As always, we encourage you to include videos and photos in your own posts to share with your fellow PlowSite users.

Be assured that all of the forums, content and data that you’ve been accustomed to will remain intact, as will all current site features. You’ll also be able to easily access the full list of forums directly from our new homepage.

We’re excited to bring you this change, and look forward to hearing your feedback.

Thanks, PlowSite Team

Switch on Gas Pedal

wetsu

74 Chevy has switch above gas pedal. When the gas pedal is depressed nearly all the way, the switch is depressed. I followed both of the wires leading from it and they both go nowhere. Just wondering if anyone knows what in the heck the switch is for and where the wires are supposed to go. Thanks!

BUSHMASTER

well it sounds like it could be.... depending on the model 74 chevy as a Nitrous button ...look around you might find a toggle switch that would have armed the system...it was the first thing that can to mind. you would only use nos at full throttle ...

OP
W

wetsu

Truck has 250 inline 6 and a 1 brrl carb, both original, so I dont think it would have been nitro. But thanks for the thought!

4x4k20

THE SWITCH YOU SEE IS THE KICKDOWN [PASSING GEAR] FOR YOUR AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION 400 IF YOU HAVE ONE I HAVE NEVER SEEN A 400 AUTO BEHIND A 6 MAYBE IT USED TO HAVE A V8

Mick

PlowSite.com Veteran
Originally for an electric starter? I can't remember these being in a '74, though. I liked the Nitrous idea better.:drinkup: