Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know what (more comfortable) seats can be swapped in? Right now, I have the seat that the middle part is separate from the other two. 12 hours into a shift, and my lower back and back of my legs are KILLING me. It'd be nice to find something that I could just bolt in without doing any cutting/drilling/modifying. Any ideas?

· Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rather than changing seats, maybe buy a seat cushion or combination seat/back cushion. Would probably give you better support than a different seat.
I like this idea. I think my challenge is going to be finding a seat cushion that works with me getting in and out of the truck a lot. I typically will help the sidewalk guy if I get done plowing before he's done shoveling/snow blowing.

· Registered
1,995 Posts
An even simpler idea is to fold up a few towels and put them on the seat where your butt is to lift it up a bit. You can add or remove towels as needed. I do that on my chair in the house; it helps to keep your butt from sinking too low and wrecking your back.

· Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
An even simpler idea is to fold up a few towels and put them on the seat where your butt is to lift it up a bit. You can add or remove towels as needed. I do that on my chair in the house; it helps to keep your butt from sinking too low and wrecking your back.
It's kind of ironic that you mentioned that. When I first get into the truck, the seat is fine. However, after about an hour or two of being in the seat, it definitely "settles" down. Maybe I'll try to find a cushion, and get a seat cover and try to put the cushion over the seat cover to try to hold it in place.

· Registered
7,360 Posts
This will probably be an unpopular idea,but it's from my own personal experience anyway.
Getting out and walking,stretching, shoveling for 10-15 every couple hours is good for you, and your back.

· Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This will probably be an unpopular idea,but it's from my own personal experience anyway.
Getting out and walking,stretching, shoveling for 10-15 every couple hours is good for you, and your back.
I typically always have a shoveler with me, and if I finish plowing before he's done, I always get out and help him. I'm usually never in the truck for more than 30-45 minutes at a time, however, at the end of a long "night," it really gets to the back of my legs and lower back. I will try the towel thing first, since it's free.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.