Snow Plowing Forum banner
41 - 48 of 48 Posts
Discussion starter · #43 ·
Hey guys thank you for all your input greatly appreciated. I have learned a lesson.

Rates are port to port They buy salt

$75-85P/H 3/4 ton trucks with 2Yd Salt Dogs

$120 Bobcats/Skid Steers

$130-150 Backhoe loaders

Paid in 3 weeks

Ive been doing this too long. If they are not paying these rates or close to them, Im not getting out of bed.

All my subs get $85 an hour and are paid on the Friday following the storm.

crazyboy;1559590 said:
Insurance costs are lightyears different across the country, and no one has the same cost of doing business. I'd stay in bed for 50.
Yup because all areas have different risk exposure...

A more rural area is less likely to have an incident (due to low volume) then a more urban area and demographics may make one area more likely to sue versus another area. Also a more rural area is probably not going to have as many high end (more expensive to fix) properties...

underESTIMATED;1564570 said:
The reason I rarely sub is the hassle involved, and the lack of pay.

Sounds like your operation should expand down here some. I'd be happy at those rates, and service levels. Thumbs Up

I agree.

Nice site BTW. Great detail of work in those pics. Thumbs Up
We're actually looking into the Columbus area for next year

jhenderson9196;1557358 said:
I don't understand the around here part of the equation . Trucks, plows and fuel all cost within 10% across the country. Repair parts and supplies, the same. Why such a big difference in pay?
Ive found that the lower the snowfall totals the higher the hourly on sub work. NJ snow operators are claiming 100 an hour in there 3/4 ton pick ups and 150-200 an hour in a skid, but they only get a half dozen storms a year. I still think that's a little embellished, but there is a thread on here claiming that.,

41 - 48 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.