Snow Plowing Forum banner

Stuck Bolt on Insta-act resevior

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  TJS 
#1 ·
Hey guys, one of my mm2 plows has a rotted resevior and the bolts that hold it on (small almost sheet metal screws) are frozen into the manifold. Any ideas on how to get them out so they dont snap on me? I also see that the resevoir looks like on one side there are extra holes that arent used? I plan to anti-sieze them when re-installed so its not an issue in the future. Any help is greatly appreciated!

#4 ·
That is a very common problem, your putting steel screws into an aluminum manifold, unlike metals increase the corrosion problem of already being in the salt, I have one we have fun without one screw because of the same problem. Good luck. I never drop my tanks for just that reason, just change the fluid.

#5 ·
I bought a used intsta act with broken bolts for the motor mount bolts in the manifold as well as the resiviour bolts broken flush. I got it cheap, cheap knowing they were broken. I welded nuts to the existing broken bolts and got them all out in about an hour, that is with disassembling all the solenoids, and releifs and O rings.It is saved as a backup.
T.J.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.