1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

    Dismiss Notice

Stuck Bolt on Insta-act resevior

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by crossboneracing, Oct 1, 2011.

  1. crossboneracing

    crossboneracing Senior Member
    Messages: 137

    Hey guys, one of my mm2 plows has a rotted resevior and the bolts that hold it on (small almost sheet metal screws) are frozen into the manifold. Any ideas on how to get them out so they dont snap on me? I also see that the resevoir looks like on one side there are extra holes that arent used? I plan to anti-sieze them when re-installed so its not an issue in the future. Any help is greatly appreciated!
  2. kimber750

    kimber750 PlowSite Veteran
    Messages: 4,678

    A light amount of heat and a 1/4" impact driver I think would be your best bet. Also a lot of PB blaster.
  3. 06Sierra

    06Sierra PlowSite.com Addict
    from Maine
    Messages: 1,329

    Forget pb blaster. Get yourself some sea foam deep creep. This stuff is amazing at freeing up rusted screws and bolts. That is what I did on mine and I plan on using the brush on fluid film when I put it all together.
  4. RLM

    RLM PlowSite.com Addict
    Messages: 1,270

    That is a very common problem, your putting steel screws into an aluminum manifold, unlike metals increase the corrosion problem of already being in the salt, I have one we have fun without one screw because of the same problem. Good luck. I never drop my tanks for just that reason, just change the fluid.
  5. TJS

    TJS PlowSite.com Addict
    Messages: 1,440

    I bought a used intsta act with broken bolts for the motor mount bolts in the manifold as well as the resiviour bolts broken flush. I got it cheap, cheap knowing they were broken. I welded nuts to the existing broken bolts and got them all out in about an hour, that is with disassembling all the solenoids, and releifs and O rings.It is saved as a backup.