Snow Plowing Forum banner

Strobes

1K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  rcpd34 
#1 ·
Does anyone have any suggestions for strobes on a 05' Chevy 3500 dump truck. I know how to get the roof strobe hooked up but I need some lights in the rear. The bed has a set of brake lights in it but they look to small to put hide aways in them. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

#2 ·
HOOBS PRO PLUS said:
Does anyone have any suggestions for strobes on a 05' Chevy 3500 dump truck. I know how to get the roof strobe hooked up but I need some lights in the rear. The bed has a set of brake lights in it but they look to small to put hide aways in them. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
How about some self contained LEDs from Whelen. I have a set on the rear of my salt spreader, they have a low voltage draw and all you need is a switch and 12 volts and the work. I can't remember the tech name for them but they are like 2 inchs high and 3-4 long. I have had mine now for two winters and they work great. Not as bright as a 90 watt strobe head but they are good enough to catch your eye. The only other way I can think of id to buy a extra set of brake lights and gyt the insides and mount them on the rear some were.

Regards Mike

#5 ·
Where

rcpd34 said:
I put some small LED's on the rear of the box and hideaways on all 4 corners. I sell all this stuff to at a discount to board members. Complete hideaway kit is only $189.99 + s&h.
Brian, Where did you mount the hidaways? The only place that looks feasible is in the reverse lights in rear, and in the DDL's in front. Any other suggestions, or does that sound correct?

#9 ·
#11 ·
rcpd34 said:
I put a pair in the reverse lights and another pair in the brake light. Up front, I put a pair in the Hi-beam housing. Works great.
in the high beam housing, whith the other (hi beams) still installed? together?:confused:

since you sell the stuff, I need 2, 25ft shielded cables. If you are coming to the md meet, I'll pay for them there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.