Strange happenings

Waterchikn

Hi all, I did do a search, but the only thing that I could find were all the "other" problems with meyer pumps!:eek:
I have an E-60 pump, its in good shape, new fluid, no aparent leaks. But every now and then the thing just lets the blade down. Sometimes fast, sometimes slow. I left the blade in the up position all night one time just to see if it would stay, and it did. I don't get it. I know someone has had this problem before or knows what the cause is. If you can help me I would greatly appreciate it. I don't want to put the E-47 back on, its too slow and the drop speed isn't adjustable. Thanx again!

mdb landscaping

i had this problem with my fisher. it would automatically drop the blade sometimes. i brought it back to the dealer and he found metal shavings in the fluid and solenoid. they installed it, so they had to fix it:D

Last edited:

CT18fireman

Banned
With a Meyer pump it would sound like a problem with the a-valve. This is the valve with the black wire on the coil. It sounds like sometimes it may be sticking open. This could be due to dirty fluid or a dirty valve.

Drain the fluid. Remove the a valve and soak in kerosene. Flush the pump with kerosene and then refill and test. This should solve the problem.

CT18fireman

Banned
Adjustment is possible by turning a small allen keyed set screw in the valve body. Your directions that came with the plow should point out the adjustment screww and how to do it.