straight blade vs. box blade

Got Grass?

Hard choice.
A box is good for pushing snow, a straight is good for rolling snow. All depends on the set-up of your lot & what your are installing it on.
I'd go with a V plow, or even a Blizzard 810 (the new talk of the board), that way you can have the best of both worlds.

With a Box your plow wont trip as easy, unless you get something like the turky wings.

plowking35

2000 Club Member
Are you pushing with a truck or loader? If a truck do not permanatley change the plow to a box pusher. Just add the turkey wings.
Dino

OP
A

Acorn

I have a 3/4 ton with 7.5' blade for that site. There are some big open spaces to the parking lot and 3 or 4 long laneways about 50' wide by at least 500' long with a requirement that does not allow me to leave a ridge of snow along the sides of the lanes.

I haven't heard the term turkey wings before. I was thinking of making my blade into a box with some 12-16" side walls with brackets all attached with pins for easy removal.

ceaman

If you are looking for turkey wings look to the banner at the top of the page. they are a sponsor of this site. (or look at the sponsors tab at the top)

Top Forums