Straight blade to vplow

cwren2472

PlowSite Fanatic
Not trying to confuse anybody sorry
I have control harness26346 plus I have adapter 21792.
My problem that I can't rap my head around is the 3 red wires an black wire that are crossing from harness 26345 which I know that has to be changed out for the vplow controller harness into my light harness.as shown in 1st.picture.that is my dilemma.
So my question is what you do about the three red wires.thanks for any help

Those red wires will go to the 29047 adapter that would should already have if you have a 3 port module and the 26345 now.

You are going to remove the 26345 entirely and the 26346 is going to replace it. It'll hook up exactly the same way the 26345 does now. The only differences between the two harnesses are the # of pins in the grill connector and the style of connector inside the cab.

3port-3plug.jpg

OP
H

huntermac

Thanks,when I unplug the connector from adaptor 29047
This is the part where iam lost,do they not get connected to 26346 harness.dont see any plug for it on harness 26346.appreciate the help

Attachments

• 20210710_090555.jpg
    20210710_090555.jpg
    438.8 KB · Views: 23

cwren2472

PlowSite Fanatic
This is the part where iam lost,do they not get connected to 26346 harness.dont see any plug for it on harness 26346.appreciate the help

I'm not sure where the confusion is. The connector on the 26346 that goes to the Y adapter 29047 is visible in your photo, over on the center right floating there waiting to be plugged in. The part from the 26345 would have been identical. That is the only part you should be unplugging from the 29047 adapter. The other two ends would remain connected.

Edit: just to clarify, your truck was already setup with the 3 port module and 26345 straight blade harness, correct? Or did I miss something. I'll confess I may have skimmed.

OP
H

huntermac

I'm not sure where the confusion is. The connector on the 26346 that goes to the Y adapter 29047 is visible in your photo, over on the center right floating there waiting to be plugged in. The part from the 26345 would have been identical. That is the only part you should be unplugging from the 29047 adapter. The other two ends would remain connected.

Edit: just to clarify, your truck was already setup with the 3 port module and 26345 straight blade harness, correct? Or did I miss something. I'll confess I may have skimmed.

OP
H

huntermac

Yes it is right now setup for proplow
May have not sent you the right picture that has harness #26346 which Is where I am confused on not seeing any connection to connect end of21792 adapter back into.these are the only things other then controller end an end that goes to solenoid.
Thanks for putting up with my questions.
Just don't know if missing something on this harness that came with the mvp

Attachments

• 20210710_090555.jpg
    20210710_090555.jpg
    438.8 KB · Views: 22
OP
H

huntermac

Yes it is right now setup for proplow
May have not sent you the right picture that has harness #26346 which Is where I am confused on not seeing any connection to connect end of21792 adapter back into.these are the only things other then controller end an end that goes to solenoid.
Thanks for putting up with my questions.
Just don't know if missing something on this harness that came with the mvp

Attachments

• 20210710_115900.jpg
    20210710_115900.jpg
    320.4 KB · Views: 21
  • 20210710_115811.jpg
    20210710_115811.jpg
    259.3 KB · Views: 31
OP
H

huntermac

Guess I was having one of those senior moments.was thinking it went to (a)module. Port think I got it now
Thanks

Western1

PlowSite Veteran
It can be confusing but try it and let us know. Don’t have to mount the plow but it would be best to because there are adjustments to get the plow to sit flat in all positions depending on the height of your truck. That’s a whole nether can

Western1

PlowSite Veteran
Make sure the plow is adjusted to the height of your truck properly and the plow sits flat on the ground in all positions of v and scoop.

OP
H

huntermac

Started on putting the new style pivot bar today.found the hole in rear t-frame for pivot bolt is egged out,is there a bushing available to put in there or suggestion on fix.
One more thing I have to change configuration to#4,now it says stacking blocks need to be changed to up&down position which they are now in horizontal position.wouldnt that limit stacking height less.
Sorry for the guesting I've had straight plows since I started plowing in 86.thanks again

Western1

PlowSite Veteran
Think I’ve used 3/4” bushing stock. Not sure on the size but that’s a common repair. As for the stacking yes that will limit the stacking height but it maybe to keep something from getting damaged.

Top Forums