Snow Plowing Forum banner

Stolen loader

3K views 18 replies 10 participants last post by  cubicinches 
#1 ·
Just a news report of a stolen loader in CNY. I'd think that owners would use battery disconnects or something like that to help slow the crooks down. I wouldn't be suspicious seeing someone driving a loader away because I would just assume it's the owner or someone who's supposed to be using it.

http://www.syracuse.com/crime/index.ssf/2016/01/syracuse_police_seek_stolen_loader.html#incart_river_mobile_home

#5 ·
I hear ya about the cameras, unfortunately most are pour quality and you can't make out details.. they will just piss u off more.. I have them around my house and shop and basically use them more to watch employees coming and going!! A GPS devise is the best and always have a disconnect somewhere

#9 ·
rjigto4oje;2106707 said:
A sim card still needs to be installed. How do you get around the monthly fee if it has to be on your cell phone plan. Im sure someone will chim in. I also like all of the features of it too
It's possible that an insurance carrier will give some sort on discount fir anti theft devices like a gps device, just like you get discounts on personal car insurance. May be worth it to ask your agent, as they might rather cover,say, $200 in sim card costs rather than coughing up $50,000 for a missing loader.

#16 ·
My FIL was a mechanic. To start any of his cars you had to push in the cigarette lighter. When he went on holidays he took the lighters out of the car. I'm sure a simple switch on some part of the fuel supply would slow a lot of these guys down.

#17 ·
cet;2107240 said:
My FIL was a mechanic. To start any of his cars you had to push in the cigarette lighter. When he went on holidays he took the lighters out of the car. I'm sure a simple switch on some part of the fuel supply would slow a lot of these guys down.
I'd have a sign on the cigarette lighter saying push to start. Of course I'd boobie trap it with a little shock therapy and a way to lock the pos it it also

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.