Snow Plowing Forum banner

Still putting in bids?

2K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  jzeller4 
#1 ·
I had to write four differant bids this week. I was just wondering is it just in my area that people are dragging there feet really bad. I figured everyone was all locked in for the year. I am guessing it's because we have not really had a good snow yet so they are in no hurry around here.

#3 ·
augerandblade;922888 said:
Sometimes they may already have a service provider but they are just doing theyre homework, checkin the prices out there. If buddy screws up y ou may be the next in line.
Happened to me twice this past weekend-not happy with the provider they signed so I got the call.

#4 ·
I just handed out 3 contracts today and got 1/2 season payments. People waited for snow to fall this year hoping it wouldn't. And I got 3 last week after the snow because there guy never showed up. I am full and handed two others off to other guys in the biz.

#7 ·
I think they are all just hoping it doesn't snow. I have picked up 4 new lots, and 1 old lot this week as well. I kept telling these people that they can hope, and wish the snow away, but it's gonna come no matter what. Oh well there goes all that extra early signing discounts right into my bank account. lol

#8 ·
i got 13 accounts in the past two weeks, 12 plow on call lots and one on a 2in trigger. not the best
but good enough for me

#10 ·
there's always someone out there that wights till the last min. there was a small village here that put a add
in the paper for somone to plow there streets, i put a bid in but havent heard anything. that was monday
the 21st.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.