Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

· Registered
58,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone please skewl me on the model numbers from Sterling?

7500 vs 8500 vs 9500?

Near as I can tell, it has ZERO to do with GVWR or HP ratings.

The one I bought last April is a 9500 but actually has a lower GVWR than some others I've seen on the interweb that are 7500 or 8500s.

· Registered
58,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

· Registered
58,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

· Registered
58,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
A little more information.
That's humorous...according to that link I don't have the engine that I do in mine. And the others I have looked at don't have the engines they do. Unless they're calling the Cat 3126 a MBE900.

One other question for @Fruity Beer Drinker...the blower seems pretty weak. If it's snowing hard it won't even melt snow on the windshield. We replaced the cabin air filters (pretty sure that was a first) and it didn't make any difference. It's definitely got all 4 speeds as there is a difference in the fan speed when moving the switch. Is there a way to test it or should we just replace the blower motor because it's likely weak? It is an '02.

· Registered
16,971 Posts
First problem, my wife expects me to dance with her tonight, so we needs that fruity beer. Anyway, how is the fan speed? If my memory is correct, the blower motor may be the same as a Ford f-250 of the same year, without seeing it, not sure. Do you have air blowing out any other ducts while the defrost is on?

· Registered
58,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
If my memory is correct, the blower motor may be the same as a Ford f-250 of the same year,
Dash controls are the same, pretty sure you're correct.

Do you have air blowing out any other ducts while the defrost is on?
Minimal coming out the floor vents...very minimal. It isn't the plenum or whatever can go bad in the Furds. There's a noticeable difference in volume when flipping the switch, just isn't much air. Guess I should get an anemometer thingy and check it compared to my '02.

· Registered
16,332 Posts
First problem, my wife expects me to dance with her tonight, so we needs that fruity beer. Anyway, how is the fan speed? If my memory is correct, the blower motor may be the same as a Ford f-250 of the same year, without seeing it, not sure. Do you have air blowing out any other ducts while the defrost is on?
Dash controls are the same, pretty sure you're correct.

Minimal coming out the floor vents...very minimal. It isn't the plenum or whatever can go bad in the Furds. There's a noticeable difference in volume when flipping the switch, just isn't much air. Guess I should get an anemometer thingy and check it compared to my '02.
Ford F250 parts in your Sterling is the problem.

· Registered
58,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.