Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Super Moderator
43,555 Posts
was looking into getting a new plow. Wanted to see your guys opinion on witch out be a better purchase and would last a bit longer.
The frame of the plow is still carbon steel and still needs to be washed. The only positive each has over a carbon steel plow is you can reskin the poly and SS easily.
Poly will eventually fade due to sunlight

· Registered
15,770 Posts
stainless is pretty.....ran 8.2 stainless dxt in 2017 and 2018.
very pretty :)
snow didn't seem to stick (while our poly vxt had stuff stick a lot) to it but that may just be conditions I was in.
It was I just literally looked at my SS DXT and there is 6" of snow caked to it...

· Registered
146 Posts
It was I just literally looked at my SS DXT and there is 6" of snow caked to it...
many times I with stainless and other driver with poly would work side by side in parking lots and dxt seemed to not hold as much.
but like I said, could be conditions or just imagination.
when sun hit it the dxt self cleared a lot faster though, maybe thats what I was seeing.
iirc for same width stainless was about 50lbs heavier, the stainless always did better backdrags for me than the poly.
but as stated above...poly can be replaced easily.
still....pretty plow though LOL
got steel vxt this year, loved the dxt as due to my customers the trip edge helped a lot on rural dirt roads. but as far as stainless/poly/steel....guess its pure opinion.
would like to get 9.2 dxt steel for truck next season, not as pretty but can be repaired easily.

· Registered
146 Posts
LOL I tried that before.
what a mess.
if you got the $$ BF Goodrich ICEX (used to prevent ice on rubber aircraft deicer boots) works but....costs a lot LOL
I got some left over from working at airline I use sparingly and it helps.
pam though....man what a mess LOL
since I mentioned icex figured would give link
https://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/cspages/bfgicex.php
$$ its expensive, 300 $ +/- per quart, blade has to be clean and warm (I make blade anywhere above 40 deg) but....I got a bunch from airline I worked at when it closed and it does work well. I have used it on poly, stainless, and straight steel. it helps the poly most of all. key is cleaning first.
but there is a HUGE cost benefit ratio to consider.
and for most it will not be worth it. I just got a bunch (2.5 quarts still) to use still LOL

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.