Stainless Dump???

ChicagoSnow

I'm trying to find more information if a stainless steel dump body can be purchased/installed to accompany a central hydraulic-tail gate salter. Seems like it would be beautiful combination!

Let me know? How much?

Thanks,

Joe

jdjoe_97

YEP!

I just saw one today on the internet. I will look and see if I can find it. It was an upfitter that has a Ford F550 package deal. And it has an entirely stainless dump box on it. Joe

Pelican

2000 Club Member
I'm starting to see quite a few of them around here. I looked at one at a show and was talking to the dealer, they are within $1000 of a steel body. I don't remember the exact numbers. They sure do look sharp when they're polished!!

Pelican

2000 Club Member
I had checked out the link Cat320 offered and was impressed with the snowfighter package. I noticed they are in Saratoga, about 2 hours from me and e-mailed them with some questions. I also let them know I'd like to go up and see the truck. The following day they replied and said to call ASAP. They had a demo unit nearby to show me, but I received the message too late. Well this morning we connected and this is some impressive truck! Here are a few photos. Check their website for more details on features.

In this photo, they have a Viking snowplow which uses a piece of polyurethane for a tripedge hinge and another piece to form a torsion bar as the moldboard trip spring.

Note the LED lights in the cab protector, no need for rooftop lighting.

tarrant 1.jpg

Pelican

2000 Club Member
The spinner is mounted via a two inch receiver style tube that can be extended to various lengths or tipped 90 degrees out of the way. There are quick release fittings on the hoses for easy summer removal

tarrant 2.jpg

Last edited:

Pelican

2000 Club Member
The body is raised to feed sand to the conveyor which travels on the left side of the body. There is a plate that folds down over the conveyor for regular dump truck use.

tarrant 3.jpg

Pelican

2000 Club Member
Control valves. There's also a conveyor/spinner speed control valve between the seat belt latches. The hoses attatch to the bottom of the valve through the floor so if there are any leaks they go to the ground instead of the floor.

This is the last shot I have. This set up is similar to what my County Highway dept is using. I know it's a lot more convenient than my V box sander, no tailgate to remove, or unit to move in and out. When you're done sanding, just dump the excess off in dump truck mode. One pile, no more running the load off and making a mess. Very tempting!

tarrant 7.jpg

snow

PlowSite.com Veteran
Hey pelican01-

On a trip two summers ago, we happened to go by their plant in Saratoga Springs. I told my parents we had to stop in, thinking it was a DPW shed. I got info about their municipal truck package, the one you had photos of. I also saw the first truck, it had a 6spd and steel combo bed.

Not sure what price u were told, back then, in 2000 the price was around $58k if i remeber correctly.

That truck is really nice, would love to buy one if i had some private roads or something.

Bryan

Pelican

2000 Club Member
I was given a ballpark price quite a bit less than what Snow quoted. He is going to e-mail me with a quote. Are we allowed to quote prices here on the forum? I had seen questions raised about this before.

Think about this though, Stainless dump body mounted, $7000, Stainless sander, $7000?, 9' plow mounted, $3500, total $17500

Convenience, no pony motor to screw with, no V-box in & out, LIVE hydraulics.....Priceless!

Last edited:

snow

PlowSite.com Veteran
what about the whole truck total as a package, since they sell it as a package. I think you could get an F550 XL diesel, 4x4, ac, 141" wb, plow prep for like $31k and some change, so the total would be $48,500 or so. And if you see 550 dumps they're going for $39k with just a dump body on them.

bryan

Last edited:

Top Forums