Snow Plowing Forum banner

SS Pushers

3K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  redman6565 
#1 ·
I just picked up a couple of SS pushers the other day. One of them I am planning to use on a Caterpillar 908 that I am renting. When I stoped by the rental store the other day to try hooking up the pusher to the machine, it would not fit. The machine has the skid steer attachment on it and so does the pusher. The problem seems to be the bottom of the loader attachment just doesn't slide in enough on the bottom of the attachment plate on the pusher (not in far enough for the bottom pins to lock in). It seems to be out by about 1/4". Has anyone else had the problem?

#2 ·
protech usually recommends ordering a quick detach setup on your pusher that is directly made by them meaning, figure out the machine, then call them up and they will make it work, but sounds like you've had this pusher for a while...i know each style of machine is different, john deere, volvo, cat all have different quick detach setups i was told and that's why they recommend getting the machine first then getting the pusher.

#4 ·
can protech make a modification to their pusher for you? or can you cut off the back plate and just start from scratch? plates aren;t too bad to make, though i say that knowing that my mechanic is the one the welds it all together not myself.

#7 ·
redman6565;867461 said:
you like those little loaders? what size pusher are you putting on it or are you using a blade?
I haven't used one for snow yet. I've got a large contract that required me to get a bit more equipment. Some guys on this site claim they take the place of 2 or 3 trucks. Figured I would try them out. On the Cat 908 I am going to run a 12 foot protec.

#8 ·
i imagine they could...i believe my skids have replaced the need for more pick-ups and if i could afford it i would buy more. my only problem is you cant find older/used little loaders like that, and i'd have a hard time justifying an equipment payment on a new one, knowing that we couldn't really use it during the summer months on the construction sites.

#9 ·
I've seen a few used ones in the eastern US that seem to be a decent price. I'll let you know if they are worth it after we use them a few times. I don't do any landscaping or contruction work in the summer so I wouldn't have a use for one in the summer, but I thought they would be quite handy around a contruction site. The Cat 908 can lift about 7000lbs and size wise, they are not a whole lot bigger than a large SS, you just sit a lot higher up

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.