• PlowSite Homepage Upgrade

Hello again PlowSite community,

I wanted to post a quick note to let you know that the homepage of PlowSite will experience a major upgrade next week. We’re always looking for ways to improve our users’ experience on the site, and felt that this upgrade was needed and long overdue.

With this upgrade, you’ll now see the top trending posts as soon as you visit PlowSite, and these will be updated throughout the day. You can also easily access videos and photos. As always, we encourage you to include videos and photos in your own posts to share with your fellow PlowSite users.

Be assured that all of the forums, content and data that you’ve been accustomed to will remain intact, as will all current site features. You’ll also be able to easily access the full list of forums directly from our new homepage.

We’re excited to bring you this change, and look forward to hearing your feedback.

Thanks, PlowSite Team

Srt-10

Pelican

2000 Club Member
Did a quick search on this and didn't turn up anything. Just wanted to let you "Dodge Boys" (remember that phrase?) what's in store for you.

It seems that what had started out as a concept vehicle may be going in to production. Dodge has stuffed the Viper drivetrain, V-10, 6 speed, and axles in to a 1/2 ton pickup and is calling it the SRT-10.

500 h.p., 500 ft. lbs. torque, 0-60 in 5 seconds, 12.9 sec quarter @106 mph. 0.92 lateral g's for handling, that's as good as a Vette. It's reported to cost $ 45,000.

While I'm a Ford guy, this thing ought to be fun! At the very least, it should start up some factory wars and be good for everyone!

John DiMartino

PlowSite.com Veteran
This new Dodge should give new meaning to the term muscle truck.BTW the Z06 Vettes now have 405hp,and run 12.47-12.6@ 114-115 right out of the box,they are very bad,onee of my friends just bought a 2002,it is a rocket.In going to mess around with him with my Dodge ,just to see how bad he beats me.I hope to hild him off til 1/2 track,then im sure he'll blow by me,since my Dodge is about 13.7-13.8 @97-98 mph as of right now

OP
P

Pelican

2000 Club Member
Here it is as seen at the New York Auto Show. Unfortunately, they had it roped off with the hood closed so I couldn't get a shot of the "goods".

The good news is, the rep told me that production is slated for 2004. Chevy and Ford better get busy!!

dodge srt-10.jpg

snowplowjay

Banned
it hasnt been produced yet. Still bein played around with at the factory. Name changes ram 500 was one. And playin with the looks of it. Changing grilles and cladding.

Jay

long0

Here's a link that gives a quick rundown on all the manfactures that have hot trucks out. For some reason, they included a Nissan along with the Big 3. :confused:

Personally, if I wanted to go fast, I would just buy a Vette.

Muscle Trucks

Andy

Mike 97 SS

Banned
Fords SVT Lightning will run with that truck with a chip, air filter kit and a change of the blower pulley. I doubt that truck will run 12.9s in the 1/4. Ill believe it when I see it. John, one of my buddies has a 2002 Z06 too. Hes got the Quicksilver exterior with all black interior, no bodyside moldings. Ive driven it, very nice car, very fast. Interior could have been made slightly nicer for a $51k car I think. Mike

snowplowjay

Banned
Get the Lightning hints have been put out about twin supercharged version in the near future. The Dodge may look sweet but as usual with Dodge will probably be a short lived truck much like ohters in the past.

Jay

KLC99

go ahead and buy your lightning--twin supercharged gets you what? 500-550hp? if the srt makes that stock there is way more room to grow--that 5.4l is already maxed out!

snowplowjay

Banned
you do know that this engine thats in the SRT10 is the same as the one in the Viper. That is the Viper in which the Lightning performed equally well with in a competition which one of the magazines (i think MotorTrend) covered. I am looking at the pics and stuff from it which are hung on my wall of Lightnings as we speak.

Jay