• PlowSite Homepage Upgrade

Hello again PlowSite community,

I wanted to post a quick note to let you know that the homepage of PlowSite will experience a major upgrade next week. We’re always looking for ways to improve our users’ experience on the site, and felt that this upgrade was needed and long overdue.

With this upgrade, you’ll now see the top trending posts as soon as you visit PlowSite, and these will be updated throughout the day. You can also easily access videos and photos. As always, we encourage you to include videos and photos in your own posts to share with your fellow PlowSite users.

Be assured that all of the forums, content and data that you’ve been accustomed to will remain intact, as will all current site features. You’ll also be able to easily access the full list of forums directly from our new homepage.

We’re excited to bring you this change, and look forward to hearing your feedback.

Thanks, PlowSite Team

Spreader For Full Size Blazer??

LawnSmith

i need a spreader for my 92 full size blazer. i havent been able to find much on the net and was wondering if you guys had any advice. by the way, my blazer looks like a tahoe w/ 2 less doors. it isnt the older K5 blazer. and i have upgraded to 3/4 ton suspension. thanks a lot in advance!

BRL

PlowSite.com - Veteran
Lawnsmith,
Do a search here on "Trynex" spreaders. You'll see some posts by me and that unit was used on a full size '93 Blazer. Great plow truck isn't it? Had a '79 full size one before that, couldn't be stopped, until it caught on fire in a blizzard :(

OP
L

LawnSmith

i did the search and read through every post. i didnt see one thing about a 93 blazer or any blazer for that matter. i'm sorry if i overlooked it, i just wanted some help in the right direction. this will be my first winter plowing w/ my truck. i am in the process now of buying the plow, a 7.5 trip edge Pathfinder.

BRL

PlowSite.com - Veteran
Lawn Smith,
Sorry. I think I must have posted about it at a different forum. Anyway I bought a Trynex 575 spreader with hitch mount for $1,000.00 and installed it myself. Its a single stage so one should stick to dry bagged material and not use bulk in it. It spreads well. It has a low profile so you can open the window on your back door to get to salt that you bring with you for restocking. I think it holds 350 pounds, but you should check the manual because I'm going on memory. I found it to be perfect for some smaller lots we do, so that I didn't have to send the bigger salt trucks to those locations when I was already there for plowing. Saved me time & money. If you have any more questions about that model, let me know.

BRL

PlowSite.com - Veteran
I don't think they have a web site. I bought it online through one of the plow part suppliers.

TrynEx International, 23455 Regency Park Drive, Warren, MI 48089, call 800-725-8377 or fax 810-756-9124.