Spreader For Full Size Blazer??

LawnSmith

i need a spreader for my 92 full size blazer. i havent been able to find much on the net and was wondering if you guys had any advice. by the way, my blazer looks like a tahoe w/ 2 less doors. it isnt the older K5 blazer. and i have upgraded to 3/4 ton suspension. thanks a lot in advance!

BRL

PlowSite.com - Veteran
Lawnsmith,
Do a search here on "Trynex" spreaders. You'll see some posts by me and that unit was used on a full size '93 Blazer. Great plow truck isn't it? Had a '79 full size one before that, couldn't be stopped, until it caught on fire in a blizzard :(

OP
L

LawnSmith

i did the search and read through every post. i didnt see one thing about a 93 blazer or any blazer for that matter. i'm sorry if i overlooked it, i just wanted some help in the right direction. this will be my first winter plowing w/ my truck. i am in the process now of buying the plow, a 7.5 trip edge Pathfinder.

BRL

PlowSite.com - Veteran
Lawn Smith,
Sorry. I think I must have posted about it at a different forum. Anyway I bought a Trynex 575 spreader with hitch mount for $1,000.00 and installed it myself. Its a single stage so one should stick to dry bagged material and not use bulk in it. It spreads well. It has a low profile so you can open the window on your back door to get to salt that you bring with you for restocking. I think it holds 350 pounds, but you should check the manual because I'm going on memory. I found it to be perfect for some smaller lots we do, so that I didn't have to send the bigger salt trucks to those locations when I was already there for plowing. Saved me time & money. If you have any more questions about that model, let me know.

BRL

PlowSite.com - Veteran
I don't think they have a web site. I bought it online through one of the plow part suppliers.

TrynEx International, 23455 Regency Park Drive, Warren, MI 48089, call 800-725-8377 or fax 810-756-9124.

Top Forums