Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
51,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a couple SnowEx SD-600 drop spreaders on my 1025s.

Both spreaders are getting old and rusty...one could use an entire new frame because where does one start and stop when replacing the frame.

So I started looking around...I am going to price out a new SD-600 but then I took a look at the Boss Exact Path. The frames are stainless steel. What a concept. Not sure who at SnowEx thought a poly hopper with mild steel frame was a good idea, but I'm just the idiot that uses them, so what do I know.

Anyone have one? Use one? Thoughts/comments/concerns?

Do they have the same module that the VBX has?

·
Super Moderator
9,809 Posts
Almost bought an bauman last season to replace the buyers drop spreader. But instead replaced the motor in the quad.
Looks like the boss is about 4 grand, or you can spend a few dollars more and get the ventrac for 6 grand…
I’d still probably look at the bauman 440E which is also at about 4k

·
Registered
51,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks like the boss is about 4 grand,
Got a price on a SnowEx and it isn't much less. Like not enough less that I would go that route again since the frame will just rot out.

I’d still probably look at the bauman 440E which is also at about 4k
I like the Baumann I have, but I'd like it more if it was stainless. The 440 is only 4 cubic feet and both the SnowEx and Boss are 6.0.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I think I've managed to collect 5 or 6 Steiner/Ventracs this year. I was going to go cheap and use tailgate spreaders and skirts. Why buy the expensive drop spreaders when your employees are just going to ruin them?

·
Registered
51,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
121 Posts
I have 2 of the Boss Exact Path 2.0. Had 1 for 3 winters and the other just 1 winter. Havent had any issues with either one. 1 is mounted on back of a 4 wheeler with a Boss straight blade and the other on 3pt of JD 2520 with a Boss 6'6 on the front.
Wiring goes thru the controller, there is no module on the salter itself.

·
Registered
51,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have 2 of the Boss Exact Path 2.0. Had 1 for 3 winters and the other just 1 winter. Havent had any issues with either one. 1 is mounted on back of a 4 wheeler with a Boss straight blade and the other on 3pt of JD 2520 with a Boss 6'6 on the front.
Wiring goes thru the controller, there is no module on the salter itself.
Thanks

Aboot $300 difference in price. No way in the world I would go with another SnowEx for that little bit of difference.

Reactions: Kvston
1 - 9 of 9 Posts