spinners

plowking35

2000 Club Member
Alot of threads over the past few months has covered the urethane edge topic, however I have neglected to mention urethane spinners. While they are very common on larger spreaders, they are uncommon on smaller v boxes. We switched from a 3 vein 12" spinner to a 14" 6 vein spinner in less than 1 hour, and now use about 20% less material due to better spread patterns. We no longer get the clumping effect in back of the spreader, but now a nice evn spread.
So look at something as simple as the spinner as another way to make higher profits.

OP
P

plowking35

2000 Club Member
Tailgate airflow, or 2 yrd airflow?
The tailgate no, but yes to the other, and it made a huge difference. My stainless had a urethane on it, and I loved the spread pattern, so I reasoned that perhaps the urethane will work good for the other spreader as well, and sure enough it did.
Dino
K-I-S-S

SlimJim Z71

PlowSite.com Addict
I have a Western Pro Flo 2 spreader. Do you think one of these urethane spinners would be any better than the one it came with?

-Tim

OP
P

plowking35

2000 Club Member
Lets put it this way, if you bought a new pro flow this year, it would have a urethane spinner on it. MTS my supplier, now supplies western/fisher with all urethane spinners for tailgate and v box spreaders.
E mail me off forum for more details
plowking35@aol.com

[Edited by ChucksChevyPages on 11-09-2000 at 02:56 AM]

Top Forums