Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all, i have a speedwing 8600 i bought from a freind getting out of the business for a great deal. I only clear residential driveways with my set up so obviously its more plow than i need. heres the deal- I was thinking of swapping an 8 straight blade possibly a snowex onto the existing A frame. I may need a new quadrant too? I was told a snow ex quadrant is a direct bolt on. the issue with this idea is its almost 1800 to do that. The other option I was thinking was removing the wings, fab up and welding in pieces to fill the gaps. Anyone ever heard of doing this? I know its ruining a great plow but I got it for 1000 so too great of a deal to pass on. a new plow side 8' western is 4600 so not doing that.
I set up my truck 2017 f250 with new wiring which was all western parts anyways so i thought worst case if i didnt like the plow i could use a western snowex or another blizzard out front. I could trade the whole plow for a straight blade western or snow ex but it's hard to find someone wanting to trade. Any thoughts or opinions greatly appreciated.

· Registered
15,308 Posts
Try and sell the blade and get something else

Reactions: m_ice and Mr.Markus

· Registered
16,516 Posts
hey all, i have a speedwing 8600 i bought from a freind getting out of the business for a great deal. I only clear residential driveways with my set up so obviously its more plow than i need. heres the deal- I was thinking of swapping an 8 straight blade possibly a snowex onto the existing A frame. I may need a new quadrant too? I was told a snow ex quadrant is a direct bolt on. the issue with this idea is its almost 1800 to do that. The other option I was thinking was removing the wings, fab up and welding in pieces to fill the gaps. Anyone ever heard of doing this? I know its ruining a great plow but I got it for 1000 so too great of a deal to pass on. a new plow side 8' western is 4600 so not doing that.
I set up my truck 2017 f250 with new wiring which was all western parts anyways so i thought worst case if i didnt like the plow i could use a western snowex or another blizzard out front. I could trade the whole plow for a straight blade western or snow ex but it's hard to find someone wanting to trade. Any thoughts or opinions greatly appreciated.
Why not keep it they are a great plow. If you want a straight blade just pin the wings back.

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Somewhat similar, I was given a power wing, without the wings. Welded up the openings where the wings went in and built my drag plow for the rear. Seems like you have a good working plow, is it just to big for your work? Seems to me, going to a straight blade is a downgrade. ??
Yes its a great plow but too big for my needs. straight blade is a downgrade but more appropriate for what I do.

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Why not keep it they are a great plow. If you want a straight blade just pin the wings back.
I think if i pin the wings back its even a wider plow which for driveways is just too much. it is an awesome plow thats why i hate to modify it. maybe ill try to sell it with the hopes a finding a fair deal on another 7.5 or 8 ' set up.

· Registered
7,944 Posts
I've always kind of liked the Blizzard/Snow Ex Speedwing and Western Prodigy plows. However, they're just a tad to big for a few of my narrower driveways.

Could you use a Blizzard/Snow Ex straight plow with your current mount and electrical setup? If so, try finding a nice used straight plow and maybe keep the Speedwing as a backup. If not, I'd sell your setup and try to find what you want/need.

NYH1.

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've always kind of liked the Blizzard/Snow Ex Speedwing and Western Prodigy plows. However, they're just a tad to big for a few of my narrower driveways.

Could you use a Blizzard/Snow Ex straight plow with your current mount and electrical setup? If so, try finding a nice used straight plow and maybe keep the Speedwing as a backup. If not, I'd sell your setup and try to find what you want/need.

NYH1.
Thanks for the feedback. If i do put it up for sale what do u think I could get out of it? its a very clean plow and always stored inside. a few pics below

Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire Vehicle Automotive design

Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Chair

Office equipment Automotive exterior Office supplies Engineering Machine

· Registered
7,944 Posts
Yeah, it looks to be in pretty good shape. I'm not sure how much it's worth, other guys probably will.

NYH1.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.