1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

    Dismiss Notice

Speed cast conversion question

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by td64622002, Dec 6, 2009.

  1. td64622002

    td64622002 Junior Member
    Messages: 1

    Just joined. After reading through posts for the last 4 hours I was surprised by how friendly every one seems.
    To my question, I have a 7'6 speed cast on my 1987 gmc 1500. I have been plowing with this truck for 4 years and love the plow and the truck. Unfortunately she's getting a little tired of plowing and would really like to go to a life of ease as a casual use yard truck.

    I want to take my plow "old faithful" and continue using it on my 99 tahoe. I don't seem to be able to find push plates that correspond to what I'm trying to do.

    Does any one know if this "swap" is even possible? Will the conventional plates mount to the tahoe frame? I know the hydraulics need to be swapped over.
    I was curious if this project can be done.

    I'm not in a situation to buy a new plow as this would be the easiest answer.

    I should add I won't be doing myself, I have a mechanic that will be doing the work but I wanted some preliminary knowledge. If necessary I can take it to a dealer as well.
  2. MRBachand

    MRBachand Senior Member
    Messages: 198

    talk to a few welding shops ... welding plow stuff is extrememly common
  3. sweetk30

    sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict
    Messages: 1,588

    99 would be mm style plates only. and if your curent stuff is live hydro driven from motor no go to the 99 also.