Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning all,

I have an 8.5' straight blade, probably from 03-04 ish. It seems like it's slow to move up. Left/right are fine, but I don't get why "up" is slower. A few weeks ago, I just changed the fluid and put a new motor on it (the old one failed). For the past few years, it just seems like it's moving slower. Is there an adjustment for this? Is there anything else (not outrageously expensive) that I can replace?

Maybe it's just me being wrong, but I remember for the first 5-6 years after I got this thing, It was super fast.

· Registered
14,949 Posts
Need to put a psi gauge on it and see if your in specs.

Fyi, lifting always takes more effort then left or right.

Reactions: cwren2472

· Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Need to put a psi gauge on it and see if your in specs.

Fyi, lifting always takes more effort then left or right.
I know that "up" takes more effort, but just thinking about it, it seems as if it's slowed way down in the past few years.

This PSI gauge.... any idea where to get one? I'm assuming I just unhook the hose on the cylinder and put the gauge on that hose?

We also have a bunch of unimounts and an ultra-mount, it'd be nice to get a gauge that would fit those also.

· Registered
14,949 Posts
Needs to be at least 3k psi.
No idea on the pressure ports of a boss, maybe manual and a boss guy will chime in

Reactions: BUFF

· Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I spoke with Boss's live chat on Monday. He recommended a pressure gauge to me, and told me what size fittings to get (1/4 pipe thread). I will be doing this in a week or so when I get around to it. Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.