2K views 16 replies 14 participants last post by  Stan 
#1 ·
Where do you keep your spare?!

#2 ·
truck or tire????
wife or girlfriend??

tire is in stock location and I will never tell where the GF is at.....lol

#4 ·
After having to cut the cable on the Dodge because of rust and last week having to use a torch to cut out the holder on the Chevy I keep mine in the bed with a cable lock to the hook on bed.

#6 ·
I ask because I had a flat the first storm last year and it was a pain in the ass to get the tire down with the salter on and salt weighing the back down and it was still snowing when i was going this. so i learned that it should stay in the bed locked down and that i should have a better jack and my wrench set with me...

#7 ·
i dont have one on my f-250. never have had a flat knock on wood.

on my daily drivers they are in the stock locations...

#10 ·
I was driving in the woods getting fire wood and heard a noise in the back of the truck. I looked into the mirror and seen my spare tire in the middle of the roadway. The cable broke but I had to have the whole system replaced.

In fact, today now that you mentioned it, I will take my spare off the bottom of the truck like it's supposed to be able to do and check it out and Fluid Film the heck out of it.

#11 ·
Under. As part of my truck/plow prep I take the tire down and lubricate the cable/check it over. It would take up too much space in my bed IMO.

#13 ·
no spare

I hate the Bronco tailgate tire mount
It is the first thing that I remove

Havent carried a spare in 10+years, but I do closely monitor my tire pressure and carry
a 12 pump

#14 · (Edited)
Dlongerman;1118176 said:
I ask because I had a flat the first storm last year and it was a pain in the ass to get the tire down with the salter on and salt weighing the back down and it was still snowing when i was going this. so i learned that it should stay in the bed locked down and that i should have a better jack and my wrench set with me...
Get yourself a nice 20 or 25 ton bottleneck jack. If you need it when loaded with salt you will thank your lucky stars for having it.

#16 ·
under the bed where it belongs- chain on mine not cable. Check it every year so I know it'll work when I need it. Problem I had was the factory supplied jack is useless- too short, and the one time I really needed it the tire tool ratchet shattered so I will have a light weight aluminum floor jack this year and replaced the tool with a 1/2" breaker bar and socket (and cheater pipe).
when I switched out tire sizes in the past for snow season I had the correct size spare in the bed in addition to the stock under it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.