Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Here is an image of a contract for a few parking lots, what happens if we don't have 1" until 4:30 am, or if it is falling at a rate of 1" per hour? Good thing about the contract is that salt is applied at the discretion of the contractor, which means they won't tell me to not salt.

Are the plowing requirements not a big deal? Or should I pass on the bid?

Facial expression Mammal Font Rectangle Screenshot

· Registered
60,265 Posts
The whole thing is confusing.

I don't sign contracts that have time frames in them.

How are you supposed to clear 12" of snow within 9 hours if it stops at 0630 with cars in the lot?

This was likely written by a property manager with the "assistance" of a lawyer with both of them being clueless.

How long do you estimate to clear this lot?

· Banned
13,443 Posts
I agree it is a little confusing, I'm assuming this is a seasonal not per push. The time frame thing would have to go you have no control when the snowfalls. I would want a limit on trips with that no extra charge thing a snow wizard could ware you out and make life miserable. The snowplow deposit thing would have to go unless your going to provide removal at no extra charge.

Looks to me you may have to educate them and have that contract revised a little. I once signed a similar contract where I had to have them fire me.

· Registered
60,265 Posts
"Maintain safe conditions"

Impossible, people slip and fall on dry pavement. Or wet pavement, not to mention snow or ice.

Again, someone is completely clueless regarding snow and ice management.

· Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Per that last part, they can call you back for any circumstances at no charge. That needs to be changed to a minimum call out fee.
Seasonal price, so I will factor that in.
The whole thing is confusing.

I don't sign contracts that have time frames in them.

How are you supposed to clear 12" of snow within 9 hours if it stops at 0630 with cars in the lot?

This was likely written by a property manager with the "assistance" of a lawyer with both of them being clueless.

How long do you estimate to clear this lot?
Should I specify that for storms that end after 6:00 only drivelanes and sidewalks will be cleared, with a return visit after the lot is empty for a curb to curb plow?
I'm assuming this is a seasonal not per push. The snowplow deposit thing would have to go unless your going to provide removal at no extra charge.

Looks to me you may have to educate them and have that contract revised a little. I once signed a similar contract where I had to have them fire me.
Seasonal, with all storms before Nov 1st and after March 31st are hourly.
I didn't put all the specs of the contract, here is what they sent me, says remove from concrete, except for areas which have been approved for storage.

Font Screenshot Document Number Parallel

· Registered
438 Posts
My two cents..... I would explain to them it’s not realistic what they are demanding....... I would walk away

· Banned
13,443 Posts
I would be careful, It's to confusing. The legal firm they got is must be Dewey, cheatum and howe. They are contradicting there self's, I also think there is a on site snow wizard that don't have a clue and could make a lot of trouble.

I lost a 14 year client because of a new maintenance manager at 2 huge apartment complexes and I did all the capitol improvements requested by the board. We all want to earn but sometime you got to pass if they don't want to be reasonable.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.