1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

So weird it's hard to describe I think

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by nor'easter1, Mar 17, 2017.

1. nor'easter1

nor'easter1 Senior Member

I have a 8'6 straight blade blade on a 2015 ford f350 gas platinum. I use the traditional joy stick controller. Sometimes when I lift up you here a click and the dash board lights, radio etc turn off and go dark for like 3 seconds then another click and everything turns back on. It's the weirdest thing. Thoughts out there?

2. John_DeereGreen

John_DeereGreen 2000 Club Member

Do a search. There's several threads on this happening with Fords and Chevys.

None of the 3 XL trucks do it. My XLT does it but only while it's cold. Once it's up to operating temperature it doesn't do it anymore.

3. nor'easter1

nor'easter1 Senior Member

That is exactly when it seems to happen. Is it the plow pump cold or the truck side do you think

4. Too Stroked

Too Stroked Senior Member

It's the truck. If you search here, you'll find several threads on it. Basically, the newer plows draw so much current, so fast that it causes the electrical system on the truck to clutch its chest for a bit. There is a "fix" available, but I've seen mixed reviews on how well it works.

5. Hysert

Hysert PlowSite.com Addict