1 - 20 of 34 Posts

· Registered
3,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Title should read 7 1/2 HD... Cant edit the title

The picture will explain why.

My tree guy did it!!
That is original Fisher Paint.

SO can any one give me a lead on another mold board?

· Registered
6,774 Posts
Like previously stated I would suggest repairing. It’s high enough that a repair vs buying one would best value!

· Registered
3,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Fix.. OK and Paint? The plow is powder coated. The only thing Ive seen that comes close to its non snow stick is imron paint. That paint job alone would be $1000.

· Registered
3,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Guess if you want like new then could buy for like 1200
It was like new. $1050 for mold board + $660 for a new A frame (the new mold boards wont fit my A frame). so $1700 :eek:

Im going to a welding shop tomorrow and a paint shop. Ill look up powder coater's too.

· Registered
6,774 Posts
Yea I know that **** is pricey!!!
Maybe look around to see if anything like that is for sale? Good time of year to pick up some deals.

· Registered
3,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Iv'e found a lot of complete plows for sale, not one mold board (7 1/2 HD) in any kind of shape.

· Premium Member
17,038 Posts
Iv'e found a lot of complete plows for sale, not one mold board (7 1/2 HD) in any kind of shape.
Moldboard by itself will be tough to find - most people don't sell them that way. Your best bet would be to find a "complete" plow with a junk powerpack, rotted light tower, etc. and steal the moldboard from it.

7.5 HD is also a less popular size - what size truck is this on? 8' might be easier to find if you can use that.

· Registered
3,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks for the help.

The Welding shop wanted $1000 to fix my moldboard. Gona try a different one tomorrow I found a powder coater that would sand blast prime, powder coat for $250

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.