Snowfighter

Pelican

2000 Club Member
Some of you have figured out from my posts that I've been planning on a new truck this season. Last week I picked up my "Snowfighter" from Tarrant Manufacturing. I bought my own cab & chassis and took it to them to be fitted with their stainless steel combination sander/dump body. They also fitted a Viking Snow King polyurethane plow.

The truck is an '02 Ford F-550 XLT with the Powerstroke Diesel and 6 speed transmission. Other goodies are plow prep, towing package and limited slip rear.

I also got a couple options from Tarrant, the roll up tarp and the top screens for the sander. Tarrant was great to work with and customized my truck to my specs as far as paint color and interior layout goes. They also built my hitch plate to my specs and a couple other minor mods to the dump body.

Here it is ready for snow:

truck 8h.jpg

OP
P

Pelican

2000 Club Member
Hydraulic controls & switch box for accessories

Levers 1 & 2, plow controls, lever 3, body up, lever 4, side dump up, spinner & conveyor controls on floor. One switch on the box activates the A/C type clutch on the underhood hydraulic pump, the rest are for accessory lighting

truck 8s.jpg

Last edited:

snow

PlowSite.com Veteran
WOW! That is one kick ass truck. Good luck with your new truck Pelican, it looks great.

One day i'd like to have a truck like that.

Did i see strobes inside the bed below the cab shield?

Congradulations!

Bryan

Chuck Smith

2000 Club Member
I have to wipe the drool off my keyboard now.....

Nice doesn't even begin to properly describe this truck.....

~Chuck

CT18fireman

Banned
Very nice.

Makes me think about a F550.

Can I request a few pics of the plow? Shots of the blade, hookup, frame etc. As well as a look at the belt drive pump? Interested in where they cram the pump into the cramped engine bay.

You can just e-mail them if you do not want to post.

OP
P

Pelican

2000 Club Member
Viking 9' plow. Poly moldboard, bottom trip edge utilizing a slab of Polyurethane for the hinge. The angle cylinders have 2" pistons!

After practicing a few times, the plow goes on and off in less than 5 minutes, with little physical effort. You pull the top pin to the lift cylinder, rotate it upside down, slip a pad over the end and repin it, the cylinder becomes the parking jack. Pretty slick operation.

truck 8x.jpg

OP
P

Pelican

2000 Club Member
99, the weight is one area where I'm disappointed. It came in about 1500 lbs over what we had calculated it to be, tare weight is 11,500 without the screens and plow. I can still only carry 3 yards of material legally.

Bryan, those are the new Whelen LEDs, they're in the front corners of the cab protector, one on the back of the cab protector,and one on each rear side corner for backing into the street and intersections.

CtFireman, I thought I had a photo of the pump, but must have filled up the camera. I'll get one tomorrow. There's a new plate that mounts both the alternator and pump, the pump is between the alternator and air box, driven by dual v belts with a spring idler for tension. It is tight, but looks like it belongs. Let me know what other views you'd like, I'll try to get them if the light holds tomorrow.

Last edited: