Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I have a Snowdogg VXFll that let me down but not completely the last storm. The passenger side wing is painfully slow to extend on its own but it retracts at full speed. Also left angle and all other functions of the plow work flawlessly but it either won’t angle right or sometimes it will but painfully slowly as well. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I saw that troubleshooting guide. My fluid level is ok. I don't think air in the lines would be the problem as the plow has been working fine so far this season but it is the coldest it has been here so far this year. Night time temperatures in the negatives. No indications of leaks anywhere. I thought maybe condensation and an iced up valve? The battery and alternator both are brand new in the truck as of November so it should be getting plenty of power. I'm no expert at troubleshooting. Just looking for ideas and wondered if someone else has had a similar problem. Thanks so much for your response by the way. I really appreciate it!
This may narrow it down,at least a starting point.page 17.You may have already looked at this though.
http://angelos-supplies.com/docs/snowdogg/vxf/manual.pdf
saw

· Registered
15,304 Posts
Is there anything inside the slide box hindering operation?

Could be something inside the valve, a hose, or a fitting as well

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok so to update you guys. I swapped the s3 valve with the s2 valve. And ran the plow. The problem reversed itself. Now instead of the passenger side wing not extending it’s the drivers side wing not endending and the plow won’t angle left but it will to the right. Getting closer! So would it be the valve I’m assuming?

· Registered
15,304 Posts
Well I would assume. You have the hydraulic schematics you can follow

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you for the replies. I called the dealer and explained what was going on and what I did to try and figure it out. He said that’s bad valve as well and will have one there tomorrow more than likely. I’ll follow up and let you know how it works out. Thanks again.

· Registered
15,304 Posts
Ok keep us updated

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sorry for the delay. The valve finally came in today. I dont understand why they don’t keep them in stock, but anyway, I swapped out the one I assumed was bad with the new one and the plow functions as it should. Problem solved. I wanted to note there were no obvious visual defects on the bad valve. It must have been something jammed up internally. Thanks again for your help!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.