Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installed wiring onto my truck (2011 gmc 2500 diesel) for a vmd75 from a 2018 Silverado 2500 gas. Everything seems to be hooked up as I recall and how the prints show but when I hit any button on the controller it just switches between my plow lights and my lower headlights. Any ideas what the problem could be?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Installed wiring onto my truck (2011 gmc 2500 diesel) for a vmd75 from a 2018 Silverado 2500 gas. Everything seems to be hooked up as I recall and how the prints show but when I hit any button on the controller it just switches between my plow lights and my lower headlights. Any ideas what the problem could be?
How the prints show according to wiring it up to a 2018? Or how the prints show to wire it up to a 2011?

·
Premium Member
16,225 Posts
edit so my later comments make sense:

Even though the connectors are the same between those years, the pin out changed in 2015 so the earlier adapter won't work with the later truck. Virtually all the functions are in different locations in the plugs.

·
Premium Member
16,225 Posts
Do I need a new harness between lights then or is there a way to make this one from the 2018 work on mine?
I would assume you need a new harness but I'm not that familiar with Snowdogg so I'm not 100% positive. I rewired a different brand plow adapter before and it was a lot of moving around of pins and very time consuming. And that was with full access to the dealer literature. Getting the correct adapter would be a lot easier.

I deleted my comment though because I'm not sure why the buttons on the controller would do anything. The different wiring between the connectors should just screw up the lights so you may have something more going on.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts