Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
I should think that in Atlanta, GA you could strap a piece of plywood to the front of the truck and plow one day with it and make a monster profit - even if you had to use two sheets of plywood. It's my understanding that if you get more than 1" there - everybody goes home till it melts anyway. So.... a Snoway will work great, given the amount of snow you see in that market.

·
Banned
1,392 Posts
John,

From the tone of your last post it sounds like you're not too impressed wtih Sno-Way. Have you had bad experiences with them? If so, please expand on that. We've had decent luck with ours, not outstanding but certainly not bottom of the barrel either.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
No, no, no.....

You misunderstood. I have NO experience with Sno-way. None. I cannot speak either way, and I have not heard anything either way too.

I was making a joke about not needing any particular plow in that particular market.

My sister lived in Atlanta for a couple years and they closed up the city at the threat of snow flurries.

That's all.

Sorry.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Bluegrass Group

I currently have a SnoWay 25-Series steel 7.5' plow. Granted... I' havn't gotten to use it yet except for on my own driveway, but I've been plowing with a lexan one in the past and it has performed flawlessly. I'm a big fan of these plows. They're lighter, you can "re-skin" the blade if it gets banged up, and of course... the down pressure system. I think I made an excellent choice.

-Tim

·
PlowSite.com - Veteran
1,277 Posts
John I don't find your joke too humorous at this time. I was just checking out TWC & they're talking a little snow right there in GA & other South East states again tomorrow, while we can't even get a flurry up here in NJ. :( And to further spark the animosity, I see you're in for it again. You just won't share will ya.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OK all you yankee flamers! We don't get a lot of snow here but the university I work at, Emory, has a big medical school and hospital so there is no closing down. With the slightest snow or ice everyone panics and as a result I need to be slightly overequipted. This isn't a profit making organization we are an in-house operation. For the record I am a transplanted yankee and plowed for the PA. DOT for years before moving to grit land.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Yeah... let's take him outside and throw snowballs at him. Oh wait, we don't have any snow.

-Tim

Actually, I shouldn't complain. We're supposed to get a few inches tonight according to the news. So, in translation, it'll probably be sunny and 70 tomorrow.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Bluegrass group,It's nice to see another transplanted yankee that moved to "grit land" on the snow freak forum.I see a few Snowways here,but do not own one.I'm sure it will be all you need.Dealer support [parts,ect..]is what you need to have.GOOD LUCK JRB

·
PlowSite.com - Veteran
1,277 Posts
Bluegrass the answer is NO. John refuses to share his snow. I'm only around 400 miles from him & he won't send any this way so I'm sure sending it all the way down there is out of the question.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.