Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tried the local dealer but no help.
New to me 29 w/ down pressure. When I got it was working great then started intermittent "no receiver" on the wireless controller. Re-paired with controller didn't help. After reading on this site went and bought new version of wireless controller($600). Receiver had red blinking light, paired it with controller and tried it, blade nudged a little bit and then nothing. Receiver now has no LED at all. Checked voltage at main relay solenoid and 12+ volts on hot side but when I plug in the receiver it drops to 3.6v at main solenoid terminal. Checked 10amp fuse and it is good and have 12+ volts at plow connection so main fuse is good. Local dealer is zero help.
Is this a relay solenoid problem? I also tried to short across the relay solenoid terminals and there was no action at all on the pump motor.
Ideas?

· Registered
44 Posts
How are the ground connections on the plow wiring loom (where the receiver wiring connects to ground)? If you have a bad ground, the receiver may not power up correctly. Look for corrosion, broken or corroded wires, etc.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Went back through entire wiring harness and turned out that even though it was reading 12+ at the solenoids the connect at the battery was not making good contact and wasn't allowing it to power up. Works like a charm! Thanks for the replies!

· Registered
44 Posts
It's always good to have the conclusion in the forum to help the next person searching the same problem. Thanks for posting and closing it out! Enjoy the plow! I repaired a Snoway HTD this past Fall (my first plow) and am enjoying it a lot!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.