1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

    Dismiss Notice

snoway mount questions

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by tjthorson, Jul 23, 2006.

  1. tjthorson

    tjthorson Senior Member
    from IL
    Messages: 126

    I need some help. The dealer I purchased my plow from is one of 2 in my area, and isnt returning my calls. They must be busy selling new plows and don't want to be bothered with helping me.
    I have an MT 7'8" plow that I was running on a 1994 S-10 blazer. It has DP, and a poly blade. I want to replace the metal edge with a poly wearedge, and get the mount for my new 2005 Jeep Wrangler.

    I *think* the center part of the mount can be reused? The part that actually has the three points for the plow? And I just need the "top part" of the mount and the back/bottom part that will attach it to the jeep? Anyone have part numbers on this too? I also need a part number for the poly wear edge.

    The other local dealer didnt return my email, but I did catch someone on the phone. He just said "$600 - I have to order it - come and pay for it first"

    I only use the plow for my driveway and my parents, neighbors, and inlaws driveways. Nothing professional. I plan to add airbags in the front springs to give it some boost when I carry the plow around. (Which is only from house to house during the snow.

    Can anyone help with part #s for that stuff, and info on whether I can reuse the center section of the mount?
  2. dmontgomery

    dmontgomery PlowSite.com Addict
    Messages: 1,238

    my guess is you will need a complete new mount. You can look up mount part numbers at www.snoway.com...

  3. basher

    basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707
    Messages: 8,993

    You need mount 9600301, you can use your existing nose piece. The mount calls for a one hole nose piece but you can use a three hole just cut as needed. if they are still available from the factory they should be cheaper then 600.00 that's the list price of a mount that includes the nose piece.
    I don't know the poly wearedge Part # off the top of my head but I will gladly check tomorrow and let you know. I think you will love the poly edge. It's exceptional, I'm thinking of having after market polys made for my V.
  4. tjthorson

    tjthorson Senior Member
    from IL
    Messages: 126

    Thanks for the info. I tried looking up the info on Snoway's site - but they don't show pictures of each part - and they don't seem to show a listing about putting an MT on a 2005 Wrangler (presumably because it really is probably too big for someone to run around all winter with it...)

    The nosepiece from the blazer lists as a 96103002 - and the one listed for the wrangler is a 96103001 - and those parts are for an ST plow... Do the MT and ST mount the same??? If so, then I may try to just order up the 99100301 subframe pieces and see what happens....

    BTW - is anyone here a dealer? Can I order through you, or would the shipping be a killer for these parts?

    Thanks for the help!

    Last edited: Jul 24, 2006
  5. basher

    basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707
    Messages: 8,993

    A 3001 is just a 3002 with only one hole. The mt was never certified for the wrangler, to much forward weight ratio. The poly wear edge will deal with a lot of that extra weight. Search the site there some good threads, some with pictures on wrangler and front suspension support.
  6. basher

    basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707
    Messages: 8,993

    I'm a long way a way, and don't know if I have a mount in stock.
    If the factory has one there is a drop ship charge to get it strait to you, but they're in Wisconsin which is a whole lot closer.
    your local dealer should order the mount for you.
    Establish a relationship with the local dealer. Walk in the store now while it's slow an order the mount and poly edge. Pay up front for the item and pay the freight when it arrives. They won't have to worry about their cash for a mount that fits a discontinued plow series, and you will get called when it arrives because they'll be out of pocket for the freight.
    Let the guy know you did your research. They changed plow series and haven't released a new series mount for your truck yet. there is not a conversion kit, and you are trying to bring the weight down with the poly edge.
    Also buy a new 12 volt motor solenoid and some dielectric grease. install a fresh solenoid and keep the old one for an emergency back up.
    Talk to him about a service, fresh fluid and a check for worn parts is cheaper then midnight repair.
    He gets lots of "i was wondering how much it would cost calls" that are a waste of time, a guy in his face with money to spend, he's for real.
    Search wrangler+snoway on the site. you can read for hours.
    To paraphrase Spook, get old and rich