Snow wolf or boss plow

Kubotaman34

Anyone have much experience with snow wolf and boss plow? Looking at a used snow wolf that has been homeowner owned since new 2000 model and in good condition. Interested in buying a new boss plow but don't know which is a better setup? Boss is 8" 3800$ Msrp and snow wolf is 7.5 2950$ Used 2000 model I'm thinking 2950$ is a bit high for how old it is. But looks in very good working order but 1k more and get brand new sounds better but hear snow wolf is built to last

OP
K

Kubotaman34

Really no question even though it's more money? I thought since the snow wolf is in good condition and might be able to get him down to like 2k -2500 it would be worth it. Plus I heard snow wolf are really reliable but haven't heard much about skid steer boss plows.

Last edited:
OP
K

Kubotaman34

Anyone have any experience with stainless steel plows. Boss has to options but don't know to much about stainless I know it won't rust but is it as strong or stronger than base steel? I have a road with gravel no base and have exposed rocks everywhere was wonder if the stainless steel would hold up against it.

plow4beer

PlowSite.com Addict
Anyone have any experience with stainless steel plows. Boss has to options but don't know to much about stainless I know it won't rust but is it as strong or stronger than base steel? I have a road with gravel no base and have exposed rocks everywhere was wonder if the stainless steel would hold up against it.

sounds like you need a dozer blade lol

JMHConstruction

PlowSite Fanatic
I would think it would dent pretty easy on that.

OP
K

Kubotaman34

IMG_1500.JPG
Hey guys I wanted to thank you guys for all the help in choosing a plow. Ended up getting the 8" boss straight plow w/ trip edge

OP
K

Kubotaman34

There's no chain.. heavy duty skid steer plate on all in one no need for chain .. only issue is the shoes are too small and are maxed out overall great plow.

Top Forums