Snow To Freezing Rain When To Plow

TurfSolutionsMN

This is my first year doing commercial snow plowing, I have been doing resi's for 10 years. Anyway tonight we are suppose to get 2" of snow then it will turn over to freezing rain then possibly rain. We received an 1.5" the other day so it wasn't enough to hit the trigger and now this tonight. Would it be a good idea to plow right when it gets done snowing or wait til its all over. Thanks

Snowplowkid

Plow when its all done snowing, salt for frezzing rain, and when its all over salt, wait a bit, and plow the slush. Charge for 2 snow and 2 saltings. Thats just my opinion.

danknight60

yea i had that happen this year and guess what someone fell in the parking lot because they did not want to pay for salt now they want salt every time it snows lol they got to pay the ladie 34000

snowandgo

I waited till the rain stopped on our last FRZ event, and it froze so fast, a lot of my lots and walks had two inches of ice/snow that I couldn't push. It took a lot of salt and time to break that stuff up, and then it was snowing again.

I didn't want to push the snow because freesing rain on a clean lot is a skating rink, but I wish I would have and charged for the extra salt.

I didn't get any complaints as most lots and roads were the same, but I think it looked bad for me and I know it created extra work for me without the extra income.

tls22

PlowSite Veteran
We deal with this alot in jersey, when we get are 2 inch trigger or it stops snowing we drop the blades! After we scrape the lot we hit it with salt depending on what its doing outside! If your going from snow-ice-rain, temps will be rising. So i will plow after it stops snowing, then hit it with salt! By morning those lots we be all wet pavement!:waving:

Top Forums