Snow Sunday night into Monday For CT

mike9497

i don`t smell snow outside but i`ve herd 3 to 5 inches.3 inches would be fine for me im broke and need money bad.i don`t have much work this year only using one truck cause i only have 12 accounts which sucks use to having 20+ anyone wanna give me accounts they don`t want feel free to dump them off here lol. i`ll sub to.i`ll go from parts of fairfield all the way out to new london county.i love plowing more than doing landscaping stuff.

GesnerLawn

News to me about a storm. Fairfield to New London, wow you must be broke! That's a pretty long haul, especially when it's snowing. I won't drive more than a few miles for a plow job. Sorry, I got nothin' for you, but if things change, I'll give you a shout. I'm over by Old Saybrook.

I just leave my plow on most of the winter since I've got 3 other vehicles I can drive. I don't mind removing & hitching the plow, but taking the pump belt off and putting it back on is more of a pain (old Fisher Speedcast under hood unit). Putting it back on is one of those three handed operations. I can leave the belt on, but just wears it out and robs HP.

Darryl

mdb landscaping

looks like 1-3 with a few scattered 4 inch amounts. i saw two news reports and thats what they claim. im not holding my breath though. ill put the plow on after i see tonights forecast. Just when it looked clear for a week this storm comes out of now where. I just put my computer program back in to have a little fun too:D guess ill take that out again.

Rob

PlowSite.com Veteran
Latest for my area (Stratford)

Rain and snow likely early on...changing to just snow and ending around midday with a total accumulation of around 1 inch. Gradual clearing from mid afternoon on. Highs only in the upper 30s. Light and variable winds...becoming northwest by mid morning and increasing to 15 to 20 mph with gusts to 30 mph. Chance of precipitation 60 percent

With it in the upper 30's, I don't think it will be staying long. I could go put the plow on to ruin it for everyone !

GesnerLawn

CT18Fireman - I don't know why it sounds familiar, didn't know I was famous:D

I used to live in Stratford, Milford, and then Redding for about 5 years. I was in the environmental consulting field back then.

mdb landscaping

I watched WTNH, WFSB and NBC30. WTNh said around 2 inches, NBC said 2-4 inches, and WFSB said 2-4 with possible 5 inches in the northwest corner. along the shore, accumulations will be less.

Rob

PlowSite.com Veteran
Well,
I haven't seen the TV but it is 41° here right now, and the forecast from weatherbug looks like this

A mix of snow and rain changing to all snow in the morning...before ending by mid-day. Then mostly cloudy. Accumulation...around 1 inch...mainly on grassy services.

no plowing here.. or a blizzard !

gslam88

The 11pm news is saying west of the ct river and southern areas, litchfield, fairfield and southern new haven 1-2" northeast of there they are saying 2-4 and closer to RI 4+... but the weather guys are hopefully on the low side becasue as mike said I need the money...

OP
M

mike9497

well this winter im going to have to get into doing something else cause im so broke.thinking about doing repairs to mowers and snow blowers on the side.use to be a mechanic for johndeere and exmark.but i hope its at least 3 inches.do you guys go out if its less than 3? i know my res won`t like if i come to plow a dusting lol lol.but the small commercial i have will get done if its over an inch.130.00 wow wonder what bill i can pay with that? truck payments are over 400.mowers are over 200 hhhhhmmmmmmm.i pray for 3 inches

GesnerLawn

Mike - I'm on the shore too. I'm thinking of starting to push into some areas a bit north of me where they get more snow. Changes to rain too often by me. Often the snow line is only 5 or 10 miles inland.

GesnerLawn

Westbrook, next to old Saybrook, a little over a mile to the Sound. My accounts are all in Westbrook and Saybrook. Essex, Deep River and Chester are north of me, in striking distance, and get more snow. I have mowing accounts up there, but no plows. I lived in the Foxon section of E. Haven for about 4 years. Thompson Gardens Wet condos.

Later, gonna get some sleep just in case there's plowing to be done in the a.m.

Top Forums