1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow Rolling Ford Raptor and Wester Wide-Out!

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by johnnyjeep, Feb 3, 2014.

1. johnnyjeep

johnnyjeep Member

To each their own. I've tried something very similar to your setup and it just doesn't work for me, It's just too "clumsy" and bulky. I'm glad it's the perfect setup for you though, since that's what you own ;).

2. JK-Plow

JK-Plow Senior Member

I went to the same dealer you got your plow at to ask about the MVP-3. They claim ignorance about your truck when I mentioned it. If I was them, I would have been proud of the work. Nice truck.

3. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

They might get in trouble From Western for putting that plow on that raptor Since a raptor isn't design to run the WO

But she does carry it well

4. johnnyjeep

johnnyjeep Member

For liability purposes they didn't recomend it for the Raptor. I ended up buying the Wideout for one of my Chevy 2500s but currently I'm testing it on my Raptor ;).

5. thunderace31

thunderace31 Junior Member

What Mount did you use ??

So what Mounts did you use on the Frame?
    I am Looking to do this on my Raptor as my Crap azz Dodge ram keeps burning up tranys and front end parts.
    If you have a P/N that would be great
    Thank you in advance wesport

6. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Except a Blizzard or XLS.

7. johnnyjeep

johnnyjeep Member

8. thunderace31

If I could PM you I would Can you shoot me the P/N for the mount you used please?
    I found this one P/N 68600 for 2010 F150 but the frame is Different on the raptor what mods did you do to get the mounts to work ?
    Really want to put a plow on my truck and Im not a fabricator per say lol..

9. bazjeepers

bazjeepers Member

Hey johnnyjeep,

Got more information on your new snow plow rig with the Wideout? The Ram Rebel?

Looks pretty good pushing snow:

10. racer47

racer47 Senior Member

nice :plowblue:looks like fun :usflag:

11. thunderace31

The 6.4L Looks to be a power wagon correct??
    I have one with a plow on it and many the thing pushs snow AWESOME! But man does it suck the fuel doing it!

johnnyjeep likes this.
  12. johnnyjeep

johnnyjeep Member

I'm not sure of the part numbers, but I believe it was the standard part for a 2013 Ford F-150 and we just beefed it up a bit.

13. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

:27...
    a heaver plow or one with dp may not have rode up and over the snow pile?....
    or maybe it was excessive speed?

14. DieselSlug

DieselSlug PlowSite.com Addict

Crazy how that Rebel handles that plow. Really curious if anything has been done to the suspension. Id like to put a half ton series plow on my 16 RAM. Need to wait till warranty expires though.

15. johnnyjeep

johnnyjeep Member

The wideout is one of the heavier plows available for a pick-up truck. I think at that moment it was just a matter physics. It was a deep heavy snowfall. Down pressure would probably lead to some serious damage and heads hitting the windshield ;)

16. johnnyjeep

johnnyjeep Member

It's all about the airbags. The sensors actually recalculate the ride height and add extra air to the front bags to lift the front end up when compensating for the extra weight. It looks even better after we put 400lbs of ballast in.

17. DieselSlug

DieselSlug PlowSite.com Addict

So this rebel has the OEM air suspension? Or you guys put in something aftermarket? My truck has conventional coils. The Air system scares the living hell outta my wallet.

18. johnnyjeep

johnnyjeep Member

Rebels come stock with air ride

19. bazjeepers

bazjeepers Member

Hey johnnyjeep,

Which Western mount did you use for the Ram Rebel? The standard one for a Ram 1500 circa 2015? Since that was when the RAM Rebel came out I think.

Definitely got me very interested now to get a Ram Rebel.

20. johnnyjeep

johnnyjeep Member

Standard mount but it was reinforced to help with the additional weight. My dads Rebel holds the plow way better than my Raptor and even better than our Chevy 2500's. The Air bags are pretty slick.